{Entry Way Progress} – Part #1

I recently found a new blog that i really like.  Scout & Nimble – you have to check out there new beams here….amazing i tell ya.  I totally want to put those giant beams in my main areas of my house, maybe one day ;)

Anyways, on Jesse’s blog she is doing a post about her master bedroom and showing us the makeover in real time.  I thought this was a fabulous idea and im totally going to borrow it!  We all like a good before and after post, but i really like the journey of how the room got that way and the thought process behind it.

For 2013 im going to concentrate on one area of the house @ a time instead of jumping room to room like i always do (this is what i say im going to do and i will try really, really hard!).  All the rooms in my house are 63.7% done before i move onto the next…bad habits people.

………………………..

The 1st area up on my list is my entry way.  This is one space in the house that has had lots of different looks.  Of course it most always gets changed up for the seasons, so its constantly being changed around.  I’ve had a few different dressers in there, but the one i have now is staying…..(i don’t have plans to swap it out, but you just never know!).

Lets take a look at a few pics i found of my entry way.

1st up is the oldest pic i could find.  I really loved that dresser.

Then i swapped it out for this dresser.  I actually did a post on this dresser makeover here, it was regular dresser before i cut out one of the drawers and added legs to it.  Mmmm, loved that dresser too.

Then i finally found the dresser that i still have now.  I love it tons!  I really love the simple style and its here to stay.

As you can see with all 3 pics, i always had a wreath up in the center along with a curtain rod.  I really liked the curtain rod as i would change it up for the seasons.  But im over it now so its not going back up.  I need a change.

After i planked my walls in my kitchen, i decided that i needed to tie in the planks with another area in my house.  Right away, i planked the walls in the entry over a weekend.

I really like it, except now i need to re-decorate the space.  If you follow me on Facebook, you know that one night i was @ an auction and came across this vintage cupboard that i had to have, i loved it beyond words!!  Needless to say it came home with me!

I thought that i could just hang the cupboard above the dresser and call it a day.  But if you recall this post, it didn’t quite work out that way.  I hated it.

But, i figured out what needed to be done with the cupboard, and its almost done and ready to hang back up.  Here’s a little peak…looks like a horrible paint job, but im loving it!!

So, here is one last look at my blank space that’s just waiting to be transformed…

I will be back with an update to this post as soon as i make a little progress and maybe i will need a couple opinions along the way.  I will show you all the makeover in real time instead of a normal “before & after”.  Cool?

12 Responses to {Entry Way Progress} – Part #1

1. Sydney December 31, 2012 at 4:46 pm #

Oh my gosh I love your entry way, and the planked walls! Seriously your house must look amazing if you are this creative with just the entry way : D

Sydney

2. Cynthia December 31, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

I love all the iterations of your entry (ooh! that even rhymed!) It’s always fun to see what you come up with and how you change it around. I love the planked walls too. Fun to read this tonight as I am reading blogs between coats of paint in my living room/entry. I still had an old-school (now) faux finish in the living room so I am FAR past due for an overhaul. If only my budget matched my ambitions for that room!

3. Rose December 31, 2012 at 9:06 pm #

Can’t wait to see what you do to it. LOL sounds like you and I are sisters! I start a project and it doesn’t turn out just like I wanted it and most of the time I don’t finish it either. TRYING really hard to fix some things now that NEED fixing! Like my master bathroom, in the middle of that one now.
    Then there is the dining room, kitchen and the entryway. Started out painting the dining room and then didn’t like the color so I didn’t ever do the kitchen nor the entry way. STILL trying to figure out WHAT color I want it! lol HOPEFULLY when I do I will like it and then repaint the dining room to match.

4. Elissa Newcomer December 31, 2012 at 10:59 pm #

LOOOOVE it! You do such a good job with blogging and making it fun for us wannabe friends to read along! Thanks for sharing your creative brain with all of us! Take care! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 16, 2013 at 6:11 pm #

Girl, what are you talking about! You are my friend and thank you for being so awesome :)

5. Jesse January 1, 2013 at 8:09 am #

Thanks again for the shout out Sausha! It was such a fun surprise to see your comment…your blog posts are always ones I get really excited to see in my Reader! ;) So, it’s a huge compliment…thank you! I have always loved your entryway and the planked wall looks amazing! If you can plank a wall in a weekend, then the faux beams would be a cake walk for you! ;) Looking forward to seeing what you do!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 16, 2013 at 6:10 pm #

You are very welcome! The beams would be so fun! Im not sure if i could do it in a weekend, but i sure would like to try :) Now i just need to convince my husband!

6. Sarah January 1, 2013 at 2:49 pm #

Beautiful entry way! What flooring do you have in the entry way? I really like it.

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 16, 2013 at 6:08 pm #

Thanks! We have solid oak flooring stained in a dark coffee. Sadly the flooring we have has been discontinued – we looked all over for it for our basement!!

7. Kate Finnegan March 9, 2013 at 7:56 am #

Hi Sausha love your blog. I have purchased all the supplies for planking but wondering what your secret is on staggering the boards and what length board you used they look shorter than 8ft but that could be my imagination too:) thanks again! Kate

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} March 12, 2013 at 1:53 pm #

no secret! I just wanted a random look instead of all lined up, so i just cut boards and put them up in a random pattern – just eyeballed what i thought was the best pattern for them (which was no pattern at all, completely random!!)

8. Beth Caudell April 26, 2013 at 5:23 am #

Hey! New to your blog and loving it! I’m redoing our entry way also and love your ideas. The plank wall is awesome! Did you plank just one wall? Can’t wait to see the end results. Thanks for sharing all your how-tos. Beth