{Im Going In} – the closet under the stairs

Right around the corner at the bottom of the stairs is a closet door that seems innocent enough….

But then….it opens to this….

And unfortunately, its jam packed like that all the way through, even wrapped around and under the stairs…

You see, we are having a 2nd furnace added to our home this Saturday and they need full access under the stairs…so it has be cleaned out today…

My husband is expecting this closet to be “clean” – like “no junk left in it when im done clean”.  But…he doesnt understand…there is so much potential for some awesome crap to be made from this potential hoarders closet.  So i will do what i can.  Throw away what i can, maybe even sell what i can?

……………………….

If you dont hear back from me soon, call someone please and have them rescue me ;)

17 Responses to {Im Going In} – the closet under the stairs

1. karen bates November 15, 2012 at 8:53 am #

You sure put a smile on my face this early morn! I am loving it that someone else has so much junk…opps stuff! Vintage goodies. Honestly, before you head into that jungle be sure and take your cell phone with you, in case you get lost! Don’t get rid of anything….just store it under the bed!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} November 15, 2012 at 9:15 am #

under the bed – i hadnt even thought of that!! And i could stash some under the kids beds too!!

2. Marcie November 15, 2012 at 9:00 am #

I would kill for those bird cages. lol. Good luck in there!!!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} November 15, 2012 at 9:08 am #

I had to look at the pics to see what bird cages you were even talking about! I do love bird cages :)

3. april November 15, 2012 at 9:09 am #

That’s awesome!! I have a few of those myself :)

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} November 15, 2012 at 9:16 am #

it will be nice to get it cleaned out – i cant even remember what i have in there!!

4. karen bates November 15, 2012 at 9:33 am #

It will be like shopping at the thrift store….but so much cheaper! You might even get some Christmas shopping done in there!

5. Robin November 15, 2012 at 9:53 am #

Good Luck!

6. Kathy November 15, 2012 at 9:58 am #

Looks like a friend day! Get a friend over to help sort into piles! Trash, donate, sell and of course keep;) kinda looking like a few parts of my house! I can get my car into the garage, but can barely get in and out of car. There is cool stuff in there! Darn maybe later on I will get to it.

• Marcie November 15, 2012 at 10:39 am #

I’ll take a donation!!!

7. Mindi November 15, 2012 at 10:24 am #

LOL! I love that I am not the only one that has a secret stash somewhere. It is probably good you have an incentive to get it done, I think that is what I need!

Good Luck! I think under the bed is a good idea….

8. Allison November 15, 2012 at 10:43 am #

Uhhh…. take it to a neutral location and let us come take a stab at it? It all looks GREAT and I’d be willing to buy some…. :)

9. antiquechase November 15, 2012 at 10:53 am #

good luck with this!! nice to see that I am not the only one with a closet (or two) like that! marcy

10. Julie November 15, 2012 at 11:09 am #

I used to have a closet like that! My new house doesn’t have one…yet. Maybe I should blow off work tomorrow, road trip to your house and shop in your closet? LOL Kinda like I’ve been shopping my mom’s garage since their move – but hers is FREE!

Good luck. I’ll put the bloodhounds and St. Bernards on standby.

11. Mary Anne November 15, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

That is hilarious! You’ve got the makings of a store in there! We need a post with the “for sale” items :)

12. Janet Lawson November 15, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

Funny…
    It would make a wonderful space but then again one does love heat..
    HaHa..
    Good Luck..

13. Elissa November 17, 2012 at 1:46 pm #

Hi My Name is Sausha and I have a hoarding problem!! hahaha Just kidding, half my basement is a hoarded mess! At least you see potential for your stuff I just hang onto it and never get rid of it. Take care friend!