{Basement Progress}

1st of all – thank you so much to everyone for all the sweet emails on comments on my post about moving my shop back home!  Im mostly settled in and am loving working from home.  As soon as i get everything completely set up, i will do a post on my new shop area.

………………….

When i did my “Ask Me Anything” post i received one or two questions about the basement progress and a few emails about how its going – so i decided to write up a quick post to show some progress pics.

We haven’t actually worked in the basement at all this summer, a little here and there, but nothing much was accomplished.  But all of a sudden we are in full swing trying to get everything done!  Rooms we didn’t plan on getting done for a few years are almost done and or will be in the next month or two!

………………….

1st up is the bathroom.  We ordered a claw foot tub with a highback and one of those super cute round shower curtain holders. It will be here in a couple weeks and im so excited!  I didn’t want the traditional tile around the tub so i am doing V-groove planking.  The tub wont be used much, so the planking will work great.  I have an antique dresser that i am converting to a vanity and i cant wait to get that in there.  I am still undecided on the flooring though – i just cant make up my mind!

V-Groove planks will be painted white (I think)…

Our new tub – now i need to find an awesome shower curtain!

Right now, because we are working on a lot of projects at once, the middle of the basement has become the furniture graveyard!  Anyone in the SLC area need some loveseats (only the olive one and the red one)?  I am selling them for super cheap!  They have great lines, so i was keeping them to have them slipcovered, but we changed our minds about what type of couch we want for the basement so they gotta go!

And while working in the bathroom, i have also been installing some board and batten in the main part of the basement – i have TONS of painting to do!

The chalkboard frames need to be finished up as well.  We will have a pool table in the middle of the big open space, so the chalkboards will be fun for keeping score ;)

And i am so excited to get this part of the basement done – the bar/kitchen area!  I painted a huge entertainment center last week that we will be converting into the back of our bar.  We got a couple fridges for the actual bar yesterday and will be having cabinets for the rest of the bar measured this week.

Back in the corner part of the basement will be the working kitchen part.  This will be great for holidays and family parties.  We have a big family so this extra space will be awesome.  I got a cute farmhouse sink yesterday that i cant wait to use.  Santi started knocking out a wall yesterday as we will be flush mounting our fridge to save on some room (we saved extra space in the utility room behind it for this reason).  We get all of the kitchen appliances this thursday and then will have the cabinets measured on friday.

And lastly – the room in the house that we were going to finish very last is done!  We had originally planned to use this as a home theatre room, but decided to change it to a casino room.  We will use the game room tons!  We still have stuff to do in there such as building casings around the blackjack table and slot machines and buying some arcade games, but the walls are done, the carpet is in (yes, we have carpet now, the only room in the whole house!!)

I also did some “fancy” molding above the casino room door that was super easy – i will do a post on that as well as soon as i get it all painted.  It really makes a big difference and it took about 10 minutes.

We are trying to get the basement completely done within the next couple months, so i will keep posting updates!  I have the entire weekend planned for lots of painting – too much fun!!

1st basement progress post can be seen here

17 Responses to {Basement Progress}

1. Cynthia October 9, 2012 at 3:57 pm #

Progress Looks awesome!! :)
    I love the entertainment center! If u dont mind me asking… Where did u find it??

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} October 9, 2012 at 4:26 pm #

thanks! We bought that from RC Willey clearance center. We looked around for a while to try and find something (used) that big and wasnt able too, so we finally had to go to a big store and get one. Luckily we got it for about a quarter of the original price because it was missing a shelf that we didnt want anyways! I did have to paint it because the cherry wood didnt work for our basement.

• Cynthia October 9, 2012 at 11:46 pm #

Thanks!! I thought it looked like the one I saw at RCWilley! That’s exactly what I’m looking for. I’ve also been looking for something big like that too….seems like i might have to go to a big store to get one too :(
        LOOOVE your work!!! I have a whole set of mismatched furniture that I am dying to have match!!!….wish i knew half the stuff that you know :)

2. Dru October 9, 2012 at 4:20 pm #

Avid blog follower. I few months ago, you had that white bakers table for sale/sold. I still see it in your photos??? Is it sold to you (lol) or waiting on a buyer? Love, love love that piece.

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} October 9, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

I got two of them!! I bought mine 1st @ auction and then went to the same auction house a few weeks later and got a 2nd one to sell. I almost had to sell mine as well, but luckily we made it work into the basement configuration :)

3. Angie Northan October 9, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

How exciting!!! can’t wait to see it done!

4. Sandra G. October 9, 2012 at 7:07 pm #

I don’t need a love seat but I am so coveting the treadle sewing machine cabinet! I just love everything you have done. I also love the white bakers table and the black three part entertainment center.

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} October 9, 2012 at 8:40 pm #

I know! Im deciding whether or not to paint it? Im not keeping it though, its up for grabs!

• Sandra G. October 10, 2012 at 6:04 pm #

Does it have the sewing machine in it?

5. Candice October 9, 2012 at 8:52 pm #

So amazing! I’m so impressed. I can’t wait to see everything done!

6. Candice October 9, 2012 at 8:52 pm #

So amazing! I’m so impressed. I can’t wait to see everything done!

7. laura October 10, 2012 at 7:18 am #

everything looks great – so happy you are back home with your work, too!!! :)

8. Mindi October 10, 2012 at 8:20 am #

I am sooooo excited to for you! What a fun basement! I looks amazing…and you aren’t even done yet! Love love love! Looking forward to all your future posts!

9. Jesse October 10, 2012 at 6:49 pm #

Fantastic! This is an amazing basement! your house must be enourmous to have all this AND a shop! Wow… I love the board and baton great job.

10. Elissa October 12, 2012 at 11:41 am #

The basement looks amazing and so fun! Can’t wait to see it when it’s finished. You’re awesome like always! :)

11. Stacy October 25, 2012 at 10:26 pm #

What type of flooring do you have. LOVE IT. :) It will be awesome instead of carpet!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} November 6, 2012 at 7:53 am #

its engineered hardwood, good for basements over concrete, but its nothing like our real wood upstairs!