{Before & After} – Pair of Chairs

I recently acquired these 2 little modern chairs.  I didnt really have an idea for them right away, but i knew my friend Camilla from First Lady of The House needed a pair of chairs.  They ended up being perfect for her space, so she picked out some fabric and a paint color and they turned out pretty cute!  I think the more modern fabric and the updated navy paint fit the style of the chairs perfectly.

Before…

After…

The chairs got a fresh coat of navy paint, and some new fabric.  The seat cushions were a little flat, so i put on a few layers of batting before putting on the new fabric.  The batting and the new fabric were just put right over the old cushions – super easy.

The 411

Paint – Rainwashed by Sherwin Williams

Clear coat – Wood Classics by Sherwin Williams in a gloss finish

Light distressing on the edges with a sanding block

Fabric – provided by Camilla, if i remember right she got it @ Jo-Ann’s

12 Responses to {Before & After} – Pair of Chairs

1. Donna September 7, 2012 at 9:58 am #

Love the color choice! Such a beautiful transformation……

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} September 8, 2012 at 11:01 am #

yes – the navy worked perfect for these!

2. Julie September 7, 2012 at 10:28 am #

As always, fabulous!

3. Teresa September 7, 2012 at 11:26 am #

Super cool. Don’t even look like the same chairs. Isn’t paint amazing!

4. colleen September 7, 2012 at 11:36 am #

You give me such inspiration, love these!!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} September 8, 2012 at 11:01 am #

thanks so much!!

5. Korrie@RedHenHome September 7, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

These are fabulous in blue!

6. Di September 7, 2012 at 3:31 pm #

A Dorable!!

7. Abby September 8, 2012 at 8:40 am #

Hey Sausha! Great job on the chairs, as with everything else you do!
    Question: I just finished painting an old dresser for my little boy’s nursery (due in two weeks!) i am using the top of the dresser as a changing table and will need the surface to be cleanable. The lady at S. W. advised me to use two coats of gloss poly for this ( I did get the water based wood classics brand you recommend). Problem is, I did one drawer last night and HATE the gloss finish! The satin finish on the paint was so beautiful and you couldn’t see any brush strokes. Now i feel it just looks cheap. What do you recommend I seal this latex paint with in order to make the surface cleanable as well as to keep the beautiful look of the paint? Would the W.C. In a satin finish work for this? I would ask the peeps at S.W. but they seem to know more about painting walls than furniture. I had to practically bribe somebody to tint my primer for me.
    Thanks so much!
    Abby

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} September 8, 2012 at 10:59 am #

You can for sure get the wood classics on a satin finish – but it tends to be on the shiny side as well – BUT every piece of furniture takes paint/clear coat differently, so satin may be just what you need :)

But 1st – i would take a piece of really fine steel wool (0000) and rub it over the drawer to cut back the shine – ive done that on a few pieces that have come out to shiny and it works great!

Good luck and hope it all turns out good :)

• Abby September 8, 2012 at 2:18 pm #

Thanks so much! I am off to the store now, and will return and report!

8. Edna September 11, 2012 at 3:23 am #

The chair look wonderful and they look brand new! I also love that wooden plank centerpiece there. All you need is a coffee table now. There’s a great selection of modern furniture replica here where you can pick on to go with the chairs.