{New Listings & Updated Page}

I am dwindling down to the last of my unfinished furniture in my shop!!  In fact, last week i only had a couple of pieces left and i got a few more over the weekend.  When i moved into the shop about 6 months ago, i was stacked to the rafters with stuff to do!  Now, my space is cleared out and looking pretty good!

I  have a page on my blog to post unfinished furniture, and if you have ever checked there, its been empty.  But, i finally managed to get some pics of what i have left to refinish.  Lately, about 75% of what i refinish are custom orders so my own stuff gets pushed to the side, but ive get some pieces that im excited to work on!

Anyways, you can now see what i have thats waiting for its perfect color and perfect home!  Just click on the Available for Refinishing tab on the menu bar.  I will try my best to keep it updated!

And i just listed a few new pieces in the Sweet Pickins Shop – head here to check them out!!

7 Responses to {New Listings & Updated Page}

1. Karen May 3, 2012 at 3:57 am #

I am about to embark on some painting of my own. Is there a process you recommend that works best? I plan on sanding, priming, paint but is there or should I Laquar? I don’t want paint to come off if I want to wipe it down with a damp rag say. What kind of paint do furniture factories or you use? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} May 15, 2012 at 7:23 pm #

you have the process down, but i would stick to water based products. You can only use lacquer with a high quality paint gun and lots of ventilation and experience.

2. Margie May 3, 2012 at 3:57 pm #

Did you describe yourself as a regular girl or semi-regular? I don’t know about that! I think you’re quite extraordinary! I love everything I’ve seen here. I live in Florida in 33414 postal code. I wonder what the shipping charges are. I’d love to order something or possibly everything. I wish I was as talented as you. Please send me a note and give me some idea. Thank you in advance … Margie

3. julie May 9, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

what a great idea to have a link/page of items that are yet to be refinished so people can see what they look like and customize their order!! You always have such amazing pieces!!

4. Sandra Licher May 16, 2012 at 8:44 am #

Oh, I LOVE what you did to that buffet…I have one similar that is mahogany but years ago my Dad refinished it with blonde paint stain…yuk! I’d like to do either white or yellow on the bottom I think and was wondering how you did that top? Is that the original woodwork and could it by any chance be mahogany? It’s beautiful….I love what ever it was you did to it! Do tell, please.
    Your pieces are gorgeous.

5. leigh May 21, 2012 at 12:32 am #

Love you stuff. I’m a redo’er myself but more into the fabric side of things and upholstery but I just love what you’ve done to some of your pieces. Well done! Cheers from New Zealand xx

6. Kelley May 24, 2012 at 12:36 pm #

Hi There! Can you tell me the light green/blue paint color you used on the sewing table and I believe a couple other items listed in your shop? I love it and as always all your stuff looks fantastic! The couch redo…awesome!!