{Google Friend Connect Going Away} – MUST READ!

Has everyone heard the news?  Google Friend Connect will no longer be available for non Blogger blogs as of 3/1/12?

With my new design, i switched over to WordPress.  So this means if you dont resubscribe to my blog in some other way, i will loose ya!  I dont want that to happen!

This also means, any other blogs you are following via Google Friend Connect that are not through Blogger, you will loose their posts as well!

So, we have removed the normal “follow me” box from my sidebar so that wont be an option anymore, i’ve had a few emails about how to sign up for my blog since the switch.

You can still follow along by-

1.   Google reader (or there are many options for other readers) by clicking on the RSS feed icon on my sidebar under the “connect”         tab – its the one that looks like a rainbow.

2.  You can sign up to get all my posts sent directly to your email, that option is on under the “subscribe” tab

3.  You can follow me on Facebook

4.  OR my new favorite way to follow my favorite blogs, is through BLOGLOVIN.  Its very simple and easy to use.  Under the “subscribe” tab is an option for that.

So, whatever you do you better get on it!  Remember as of 3/1/12 you will loose my site and probably lots of other ones if you have signed up through Google Friend Connect.

13 Responses to {Google Friend Connect Going Away} – MUST READ!

1. Bliss February 1, 2012 at 11:45 am #

I signed up for Bloglovin, but I don’t understand it yet. I had hoped it was something that we added code to our blog and the blogs show up there. It’s a separate “place” to log in at and I like going to my blog and reading my blog roll. So next I will learn what the RSS is. What a learning experience it is for me so I can follow you!

~Bliss~

2. Sandra Licher February 1, 2012 at 12:20 pm #

Oh boy…I just spent all morning on my blog figuring out a banner using Picasa and I follow so many blogs! This is getting to be a full-time job with no pay! LOL! At least you have a business! You go girl! And thanks for the info!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 1, 2012 at 8:28 pm #

tell me about it, having a blog is so much work!!

3. ashley @ the handmade home February 1, 2012 at 2:53 pm #

hey girl! LOVE your new look! It’s awesome! SO glad you went with Tony + LIndsay! Will I be seeing you at Haven this year? Hope all is well! Loving your stuff, as usual! ;}

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 1, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

They did such a good job, its exactly what i wanted – thanks so much for the referral!!! And no, i dont think i will be going to Haven, but i am going to SNAP – you going to that one?

4. Heather :) :) :) February 1, 2012 at 3:40 pm #

How did you find out about this? I don’t think Google ever said anything…that I noticed anyway…I did add you to my blog roll, but I’m wondering if that’s different than Google Friend Connect. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 1, 2012 at 8:16 pm #

i read it on another blog one day and then did some research, i guess the release from google came out a couple months ago

5. Michell @ Girl In Air February 1, 2012 at 6:50 pm #

Thanks…I really LOVE your blog design…so neat and clean…been thinking about changing mine up and making the switch:-)

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 1, 2012 at 8:15 pm #

i love your design – its so cute and original, but i know what you mean, sometimes you just need a change!

6. Adriane February 4, 2012 at 7:13 am #

I love that you made one blog..I would flip back and forth, lol! Anyhow have you thought about adding Linky to your blog? It is a blog reader that I found on Beyond the Picket Fence Blog. A group of bloggers help create it and so far I have liked it! Here is the link if you want to check it out http://www.linkyfollowers.com/. Oh I am in love with that sofa table! I wish you lived by me just so I could come and work for you for free and learn! Love it!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 7, 2012 at 10:51 pm #

for free!! come on over!! Going to check out the link now, havent heard of it yet – thanks!!

7. Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com February 9, 2012 at 7:25 am #

Love all your furniture redo’s.
    Don’t worry about loosing all those folks.
    If they are regulars, they will come find you!

8. Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com February 9, 2012 at 7:27 am #

btw. I’ll check you out on PInterest.
    You can follow me back here: http://pinterest.com/finecraftguild/