This was one of those pieces that makes you super excited to get done because you know it will be awesome!! But, it had some issues that werent too fun to fix – but it turned out great :)
Before… As you can see on the one side, the wooden veneer is all crazy. My client wanted the top stained and it was too far gone to try and repair. So i had to remove the tops on both the sides so the stain would turn out the same and then in the middle i had to cover that part with a new piece of wood as well to make sure that all 3 stained parts would match each other.
That was the tricky part – getting the 2 sides off was a big ol pain, and then the middle even more because i had to remove the original molding and replace it with new stuff. Then i had to router the edges - doesn’t seem so bad now, but it was work!! There were a lot of little things that were tricky that made this vanity take a little longer than usual.
After…painted Summer White by SW, distressed and glazed. Normally im not a huge fan of glaze over white or cream paint, but this one looks perfect with the glaze. It gave it an aged look that worked with all the imperfections. I didnt go crazy sanding trying to get it perfectly smooth because i knew it was gonna be glazed and i wanted the glaze to settle in all the old chipped paint and cracks and crevices.
My daughter Zailee had lots of fun with the vanity while it was waiting to be picked up! It would have been a fun piece to keep but we didnt have any room for it. I had to include this pic because its too cute!!
paint color – Sherwin Williams Summer White in a gloss
Glaze – Minwax Dark Walnut Stain (straight stain, not mixed with a glazing medium)
Clear coat – Varathane Brand poly in a gloss
Top Stain – Kona by Rustoleum
2 top knobs – Hobby Lobby, other knobs were the originals