{Before & After} – pair of chairs

I finished up these matching set of chairs a while back.  While i was looking for some other pics, i found these and remembered how cute they were!

They started off with a darker stained finish and some lovely dragonfly fabric – which im sure was awesome sometime or another, but they needed an update.

I removed the cushion and then painted them in a bright white (Behr Ultra White), then they were distressed and clear coated.  The seat cushions were recovered in a thick gray fabric that i found @ Joanns – i loved it so much i bought extra to make some pillows for my couch :)  I love the white with the gray, it looks so fresh and clean.

411

paint – Behr Ultra White

clear coat – Varathane in a Gloss

Fabric – Joanns

30 Responses to {Before & After} – pair of chairs

1. Chelsea A February 11, 2012 at 2:16 pm #

Love that fabric! It’s Dwell Studio for Robert Allen. I picked some up in white for some pillows, too!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 11, 2012 at 2:31 pm #

yup!! love it!!

• Jenn February 18, 2012 at 9:35 pm #

I can’t find that fabric anywhere. Checked Joanne’s stores and online. They have in all white or all gray but not the cute mix you have. Did you purchase it a long time ago? Maybe that print is gone..?

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 20, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

nope, it was just recently, but it is just the all gray one. Maybe the pics are making it look two-toned, but its not :)

2. Jenni V February 11, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

What finish do you use when you paint your furniture? Flat, Satin, Eggshell or Semi-gloss? Also, have you used milk paint? I have a lot of furniture I want to paint and need some tips. Your website has definitely inspired me. I love it and love everything you do. Thanks :)

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 11, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

usually satin or semi gloss. And yes, i have used milk paint for a few things, but i think the same look can be accomplished with regular latex paint, and for me its a lot more cost effective and time saving if i use latex (because i spray all my furniture)

3. Cheryl February 11, 2012 at 2:54 pm #

Love all of your stuff. I enjoy seeing everything you’ve done and the process. I’ve finished several pieces using your techniques. Thanks so much.

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 20, 2012 at 4:05 pm #

good!! so glad it has helped!!

4. NanaDiana February 11, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

They look so nice. I absolutely LOVE that grey fabric. It looks like an expensive designer original. Nice job on the redo- xo Diana

5. Janet Lawson February 11, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

I love the new look of the chairs..
    You did an amazing job on them..

6. Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. February 11, 2012 at 5:55 pm #

Those chairs are darling! The fabric is so pretty. :)

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 20, 2012 at 4:04 pm #

thanks so much!! congrats on the baby!!

7. Sandra Licher February 11, 2012 at 6:25 pm #

I’m still reeling from the beautiful dresser you did! But those chairs are sweet! I’m a color person myself so I may have to try your technique in Mary Engelbreit style colors. I’m very slow though so I’ll let you know when I have pics but it might be awhile. Just a hint…I bought some red and yellow paint….bright….it would probably give you nightmares! LOL! We’ll see……..I do love your work though…could I be toning down a bit from my brights? Nahh….probably not. Ha! Ha!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 20, 2012 at 4:04 pm #

i love color too!!

8. Diana @ AnyoneCanDecorate February 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

Great job as always! I love the fabric choice!!!
    Blessings,
    Diana

9. Heather :) :) :) February 11, 2012 at 9:24 pm #

Those two chairs turned out fabulous. The white really looks good. Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 20, 2012 at 4:02 pm #

love the white and gray together!! thanks!!

10. Rob February 11, 2012 at 10:41 pm #

They look awesome. I recently did two chairs with Paris Gray – I really like the material.

11. Amanda February 12, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

I love these chairs. Is the dark edges you can see where it’s distressed just the stain peaking through from below the white paint? I have a red chair that I want to be distressed with black “edges” and trying to figure out how to achieve that. Nice job on these! They’re beautiful.

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 20, 2012 at 3:58 pm #

on this one its the old dark stain that is showing through

12. Christa @Stories of a House February 12, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

You did a great job on those chairs. Who would have known from the before that they could be so cute?

13. traci gyles February 13, 2012 at 6:23 pm #

Really cute!

14. Dawn February 13, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

Love love love your pieces! You are truly inspiring!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm #

thank you so much!!

15. Sydney February 14, 2012 at 11:54 am #

Oh my gosh I love these! They turned out amazing!!!

Sydney

16. bonnie johnson March 10, 2012 at 7:26 pm #

just love the work you do and telling us how you did it.I wish you were my neighbor.lol. do you use a big spray gun. did you first use a spray cans?Let us know if you ever do vedios?

17. Jennifer C. March 12, 2012 at 8:39 pm #

Do you recommend a certain machine for painting using a hand-held spray? I’m quite new to this but repainting my pieces by hand is just a killer. Any advice is appreciated – thanks!!!

18. Jen March 22, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

I love your work! Have you ever glazed over a pure white paint like you used on these chairs? I am going to glaze the legs of a table and I’m trying to decide on whether I should use a pure white or a creamy white. I want to use pure white but not sure how the glaze will look in pure white. I am using your glazing technique you blogged about. Thanks!