{New Blog Name & New Design!}

Hey everyone!  I just wanted to drop in real quick and let you know that you are in the right place!  I decided to merge both my blogs together and just have one – it will really make things so much easier on me!  I decided to go with Sweet Pickins since that is my business name and want to focus on that “brand”.

I still have some work to do on the content for the menu bars – but that will be done shortly

I’m hoping that this blog will be much more user friendly – for both you and me!  You can see on the side bar there is a “How I Paint Furniture” tab – i get lots of questions everyday so i will soon start a series of how i go about painting furniture, so all the posts will be there so you can reference them.

I also decided to accept advertisers/sponsors – something i never thought that i would do!  But lately i have gotten emails about it and if i can help promote someones site/small business then i would be honored!  You can click on the “your add here” on the side bar to upload your button.

How do you guys like the new design?  I LOVE it!!  Tony @ Evenpar Solutions did an awesome job and was so great to work with!  This change also involved me moving to WordPress – so that should be fun!

35 Responses to {New Blog Name & New Design!}

1. northern cottage January 31, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

yay! congrats & very very best wishes in your adventures ahead! xo

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 31, 2012 at 2:06 pm #

thanks so much!!

2. Bliss January 31, 2012 at 1:40 pm #

I think the new name is clever, I like it! Not sure I know how to follow, I’m used to just clicking on followers on blogger.

~Bliss~

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 31, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

Well, as of 3/1/12 google friend connect will no longer be available for wordpress blogs, so any blogs that you have just clicked “follow” and if they are a non blogger blog, you wont get your updates anymore! So crazy that google is taking that away! So, for my blog and all the other non blogger blogs you will have to find a different way to follow (sign up for email posts, sign up through bloglovin, subscribe to a feed, or facebook) – all those options are on my sidebar :)

3. rachel @ gilly grey January 31, 2012 at 1:59 pm #

Love it! And love the new logo!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 31, 2012 at 2:07 pm #

the logo is my favorite part! Its exactly what i had in mind :)

4. Sarah January 31, 2012 at 2:01 pm #

Love it! It really looks great. :)

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 31, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

thanks so much, i love it too!!

5. Cynthia January 31, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

Looks wonderful! Good job on the overhaul- that’s a ton of work!

6. Kim @ the Gab January 31, 2012 at 3:25 pm #

I always love reading your blog. And I love all your tips and tricks. I think the new design is perfect for you.

7. Lisa January 31, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

Your new blog design looks fabulous! I love how easy it is to navigate, plus the color scheme and labels look great!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 31, 2012 at 5:43 pm #

thanks! I do love the colors :)

8. Lisa~A Cottage To Me January 31, 2012 at 5:03 pm #

Well, I’m new to your blog also, so all’s good here! Just to let you know, I love it so far and enjoy seeing what you’ve done. congrats!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 31, 2012 at 5:43 pm #

Well, welcome!!

9. Alicia January 31, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

I LOVE everything about your new look. The design, the buttons, all of it is perfect.

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 31, 2012 at 5:42 pm #

thanks so much, i love it too!

10. traci gyles January 31, 2012 at 6:15 pm #

I like that name! So cute! I also do furniture and sell it so I adore looking at other people ideas and tips are always helpful! Traci

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 31, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

thanks! That is my business name and i love it! It took me forever to get the right name, but i think its perfect :)

11. Rita May January 31, 2012 at 8:33 pm #

I love the new look. It’s beautiful. You should post a picture of your old template so that we can see it and compare. I would love to know how your merged your blogs. I’ve been thinking of doing that too. Can you do a post on that? Did you get to keep your followers from show and tell? Did you get to keep your stats (page views, popular post, etc.)? I’d hate to lose all that information. We all love blog tips!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 31, 2012 at 9:40 pm #

I couldnt tell you the 1st thing about how the whole thing was done!! I hired an awesome guy that did everything for me! He did move all the followers over from my old Sweet Pickins site and from Show & Tell – so nothing and hopefully nobody was lost!!

• Tony Oravet February 1, 2012 at 9:23 pm #

We loved working with you Sausha! Thanks for the kind words about the design everyone!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 1, 2012 at 9:25 pm #

thanks again Tony!!

12. Heather :) :) :) January 31, 2012 at 10:17 pm #

I really like the new design of your blog. It was extremely well done and it’s just beautiful :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 1, 2012 at 8:36 pm #

thanks!!

13. Jennifer Garbett January 31, 2012 at 10:29 pm #

I LOVE all your stuff and so wish you lived/worked in Arizona so I could benefit from your talent here =) I’m just curious, you said Google friend connect is going away…I use google reader…is that the same thing?? I don’t view through blogger but through google. I would be sad to lose all of my google reader blogs. Just curious if you know the answer to that?

And thanks for posting such great stuff all the time, I REALLY love your style, your decor and your home!!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 1, 2012 at 8:35 pm #

thanks!! From what i understand your google reader will be just fine

14. Rhonda February 1, 2012 at 4:59 am #

Love the new site – was the blog design expensive, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m itching for a change for not a lot of change, if you know what I mean!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 1, 2012 at 8:35 pm #

it wasnt too bad – tony gives free quotes so just email him telling him what you need and he will get back with you!

15. Lindsay February 1, 2012 at 2:29 pm #

Hi Sausha! I am so glad you love your new site. I helped Tony with the design side of things. This was an amazing project and your blog is an inspiration. Can’t wait to start following it daily. Best of luck!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 1, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

thank you so much!! i LOVE the design, its perfect! And i cant even tell you how much i love my logo – its exactly what i wanted!

16. Ruth H. February 3, 2012 at 3:31 pm #

Sausha, I love your new logo! You’ve done a great job with the redesign. Congratulations!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 7, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

isnt the logo awesome!! The designers did a great job!!

17. miriam March 20, 2012 at 1:52 pm #

Can you give me a link to your blog. All my friends are asking for more info
    on Sweet Pickens. Thanks

18. Genevieve March 24, 2012 at 7:08 am #

Love your blog, your work and your new logo, it’s great!