{My new shop space}

I have gotten lots of emails lately about where I do my painting and how I turned by hobby into a business.  Well, im working on a post about how I started my business but I wanted to show you pics of my new shop space.

I officially moved out of my garage 2 months ago into a working shop that is super close to home (6 minutes to be exact) and I cant say enough how much I love it!!  Its so nice having my work away from home and being able to leave “work” at work.  It was a big step to start paying rent, but its so worth it :)

So, the outside is nothing fancy.  In fact it’s a big ugly blue tin building that has seen better days.  But it works and its easy for people to spot!  Im the very last door – the one that’s open.

DSC_0003

My space is about 1300 sq ft.  It has a main area with the big garage door, and then a back room.  The back room has my paint booth, drying area, sink area, paint storage and a potty.

Off to the the left is all my stuff that needs to be painted, all the stuff on the right are things that I am working on.

DSC_0008

DSC_0010

When you first walk in, we have divided off a space with a fake wall that separates all my finished stuff (or almost finished).

DSC_0005

To the right of that is where I take my pics (all crowded right now with furniture).  I take my pics below my barn wood slats which will soon have my logo on it.

DSC_0006

Then towards the back is my tools and storage hutches with a lot of my crap piled all over them.

DSC_0011

To the left of that is another work area which is soon going to be walled off and will strictly be for sanding.  Cant wait for that, there is dust everywhere!

DSC_0012

Then in the back room, is my paint booth.  Its pretty big, I think about 11×20 – which works out great so I can get a lot of things painted at once.  Right now it just has a sheet for a door, but when I get some time I will make some doors.  We had to build that wall, nothing fancy, just some 2×4’s and then plastic sheeting.

DSC_0017

inside booth…

DSC_0015

Then outside of the booth is a spot for the furniture to dry, a sink and the bathroom.  Sorry, didn’t get the best pic of the drying space, its pretty big as well.

DSC_0018

My daughter has already made me pics for my wall, so sweet Smile

DSC_0019

DSC_0020

See how messy of a worker I am!!  I would rather store paint on the floor than on the shelves!  And I cant even tell you enough how much I love my big messy shop sink, it was such a pain everyday when I was at home to make sure the kitchen sink stayed clean – I can make as much mess as I want here and no one can say nothin!

Oh, and see that big blue box?  That is my BFF during the day – my awesome paint gun.  See my post here about that if your wondering what type of gun I use.

DSC_0021

So there’s my awesome space that I couldn’t be happier about!!  It could be a little bigger, or I could stop collecting so much furniture :)

***And, my friend Christa from Stories of a House, is releasing her e-book tomorrow.  Its all about furniture refinishing 12/15/11 – so get over there and get you a copy, I’ve read it and its awesome!**  click here for more info

23 Responses to {My new shop space}

1. Fiona, LilyfieldLife December 15, 2011 at 5:30 am #

Wow Sausha – that is fantastic and i can spy some lovely stuff ready for paintings. can't wait to see the finished projects on your blog. all the best!

2. Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} December 15, 2011 at 8:02 am #

Congrats on the new shop! Girl look at all of that furniture ;) You rock ;)

3. dsilva51 December 15, 2011 at 10:54 am #

Congrats. You better post more pics of furniture! We all love to see what you have transformed!

4. Jenny December 15, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

This is soooooo great! I swear, I could love myself away in there and paint my heart out! Good for you! Thanks for sharing – looking forward to reading more!

5. Imthebeachgirl@hotmail.com December 15, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

That is so great, a new space to work in. Yay!!! Love your website and thanks for sharing your ideas and giving us so much inspiration! Have fun!!! Laurie from FL…Happy Holidays!

6. down to earth style December 15, 2011 at 1:24 pm #

Good Job! Don't you feel so much more "official" & "professional"?
    (only say that because I work at home) You are amazing and good for you fo taking the leap.

7. Doris Davis December 15, 2011 at 2:26 pm #

Congrats on the fabulous space! It's nice to know dreams do come true. My plans are drawn up for a new build shop on our own land (we live in the country)

8. The Midwest Cottage December 15, 2011 at 2:33 pm #

Amazing! This is like a mini version of my garage! You must feel so much more sain! LOL! Do you sell out of your space or do you have a seperate retail location?

9. Mandy December 15, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

Oh, my stars!! This wonderful!!! I am so excited for you!!

10. Tiffany December 15, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

Living the dream, makes me smile. Makes my heart happy. Keep them pics & projects coming.

11. Carwin Candids December 15, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

Congrats! I wish you the best! That is so great that you have your own space!
    Mindi

12. Carwin Candids December 15, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

Congrats! I wish you the best! That is so great that you have your own space!
    Mindi

13. Andy's Attic December 15, 2011 at 5:31 pm #

That is an incredible place for you to work. I bet you are in heaven!
    Annette

14. Kelly December 15, 2011 at 6:45 pm #

I have to say that I am extremely proud of you and I don't even know you! Way to go, girl! :)

15. jumperhop December 15, 2011 at 7:09 pm #

I am so excited for you. Congrads! I see things I need!!!

16. Anonymous December 15, 2011 at 7:54 pm #

WOW! Your husban must me one wonderful person to support your dream and goals.

Please give him a big kiss from me.

xoxo

17. Becky December 15, 2011 at 11:58 pm #

Wow, how fun that you grew out of your garage and now have your own "real" space! Love it! You have so much more room for all your beautiful pieces. Thanks for sharing!

18. janet December 16, 2011 at 3:43 am #

Congrats on your new space and I can't wait to see everything ya are working on..

19. shellyandrade December 16, 2011 at 3:56 am #

SwEEEET! Now that's what I'm talking about!! Every girl needs one like that. Do you have something set up to exhaust the fumes? I have a makeshift set up, but it's not really working.

I'm excited for you! you'll really be avle to crank out the furniture now.

Shelly

20. Angie December 17, 2011 at 5:27 pm #

Congrats!!! Can't lie, just a tad jealous ;)

21. Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around December 19, 2011 at 6:55 pm #

awesome! so happy for you!!!

22. heidivee January 5, 2012 at 11:33 pm #

What I love most is that your shop space is SUPER close to MY house. :) After looking at all those pics, I see some buying in my future…

23. Mark & Nicki Wintch January 7, 2012 at 1:04 am #

Wow that looks amazing! I have a question though: In the pic of your daughters artwork she made for you there is a red bench that i love! Is that something you might be selling?? Just curious!