{Happy Halloween!!!}–better late than never!

DSC_0033

So I am a little late to the halloween thing this year, but I just barely decorated last night!  Usually I am all over halloween décor, but I just ran out of time everyday, such a bummer…

So I didn’t put up as much as I planned, but at least I got some up so im doing good!!

This is what I threw together for my entry…

DSC_0009

I got these awesome lanterns a few years ago but they have been in storage all this time, I really want to paint them white, but the dingy green/gray will work perfect for halloween

DSC_0004

I love creepy halloween and old doll heads are perfect.  I collected a bunch of dolls all through the year at goodwill for my “big halloween plans”, but sadly they didn’t get done…

DSC_0005

I got this old bird cage for free a while back and had intentions since I got it to clean out the old vines that someone grew inside of it, but hadnt gotten around to that either.  But luckily for me, it works for halloween :)

DSC_0002

DSC_0008

Then I pulled out my shutters from last year, propped those on the mantel, added a skeleton thingy and called it good.  In case you cant tell by the pic, I took 4 old shutters from goodwill, painted them black and distressed them.  Then I just layed them out on the floor and screwed all 4 together all crazy crooked like – I love how they turned out and love that they take up so much space.

DSC_0014

DSC_0018

On my dining table I just put some apothecary jars with some mice, spiders and eyeballs, then the glass beakers will have dry ice in them tomorrow when the family is over for dinner.  I considered for a minute getting some real mice and my sons tarantula for the jars, wouldn’t that be awesome and so yucky??!!  Love it, but im not gonna do it…im nice like that!!

DSC_0022

DSC_0023

Then I have my little halloween tree – ahhh, so sweet… and so not creepy…

DSC_0026

And cant forget Bo, he is so excited for his big halloween day tomorrow!!

DSC_0031

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

20 Responses to {Happy Halloween!!!}–better late than never!

1. Tardevil October 31, 2011 at 3:42 am #

Your decorations are awesome! I would be a little creeped out by real mice and a tarantula. I'm sure your guests will be glad you left that off. Like the mantel and the skeleton in the last picture. The foyer table rocks, too!

2. TracieB October 31, 2011 at 3:51 am #

Awesome….Love it ALL!

3. famr_4evr October 31, 2011 at 3:53 am #

I LOVE the doll heads!! So amazing! Thanks for sharing this. I'll have to pin this on pinterest to remind me for next year!

4. Twice Nice October 31, 2011 at 4:18 am #

this is awesome!! The doll heads are so creepy cool.

5. Aquilter October 31, 2011 at 4:35 am #

Great job decorating…and I'm totally impressed that you did this "last minute". Way to go!

6. Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} October 31, 2011 at 4:35 am #

Love it! Your dining room table is my favorite!

7. Anonymous October 31, 2011 at 5:33 am #

Your entry would have been beautiful without the baby doll heads, too creepy for me. It would just have looked a little more classy without them, just sayin, white pumpkins and orange pumpkins, anything but the doll heads. Just weird!

8. Sawdust and Paperscraps October 31, 2011 at 6:35 am #

Those doll heads are pretty creepy! I loooove your mantle with the old shutters!

9. Orange it Lovely October 31, 2011 at 11:42 am #

I love it.. ALL! lol Happy Halloween!
    Tana

10. Diane Cayton-Hakey October 31, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

Don't you just love Anonymous people that dis on your creations? Talk about creepy.

11. Shawnie October 31, 2011 at 1:39 pm #

Incredible! Absolutely love it. You are one talented lady!

12. **nicke... October 31, 2011 at 6:34 pm #

just so you know. i loved the doll heads! i thought they were awesome! i love your decorations. i wish you could decorate my house.

13. the cape on the corner October 31, 2011 at 7:17 pm #

oh my gosh, no no no no no. i think this takes the cake for creepiest halloween display i've seen. that is not an easy feat in blogland. i think the doll heads rock, but i am still totally creeped out!

14. Theresa October 31, 2011 at 11:27 pm #

Wow, you did a great job. How did you get the picture to hang crooked in the first pics?

Love the dolls heads too. So creative.

15. Ann "The Scrapbooking Housewife" November 1, 2011 at 1:32 am #

What a fantastic job, especially for just "throwing it together!" I had to giggle at the doll heads and the hanging doll, very clever! Everything looks terrific.

16. The Frosted Gardner November 1, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

OH my awesome!!!! Seriously your house is the best Halloween house ever! I enjoyed watching your Nate Berkus show. You looked beautiful!

17. Jenn @ myfabulesslife November 1, 2011 at 9:34 pm #

Glad I'm not the only one who was late on the Halloween decorations (I did mine on Halloween). Yours are AWESOME! Love your blog, your furniture, everything! (I sell my stuff on KSL too and am always DROOLING over yours!)

18. Jen-CraftOManiac November 3, 2011 at 11:57 pm #

HOW WICKED AWESOME IS ALL YOUR HALLOWEEN DECOR. I love the doll heads, and your mantel. Every single detail. Sad Halloween is all gone. You made me hunger for it a little longer.

winks, jen

19. SueBee November 6, 2011 at 10:17 am #

Better late the never! I love yours Halloween decorations! I might be using a few next year if you don't mind…

20. cynthia feeny April 12, 2012 at 4:11 am #

I saw you on the Nate Berkus Show and I have an old trunk( found in the garbage) so I’m going to borrow that idea and the one for the door turned coffee table. I had an old door also windows I already put up in my foyer. I love several of your projects and these candle stands in this Halloween picture. Where did you find them? The dolls heads make me think of Toy Story, where Sid destroys his little sister’s dolls. Creeepppy!!! but funny too!!! Thank you for all your information on how you actually complete each project!!!

Cindy