{Another old door turned coffee table}

I had another old door laying around that wasn’t being used for anything, so since my last door turned coffee table got some sweet comments/emails, I decided to make one to sell.

This door was smaller, not quite as wide as mine, but it still made a perfect little table, and I love how it had a dark stain already that I could work with.

Before…I just cut off about 32 inches from the end, cut that in half to have about 16 in sides.  Then I decided to leave the old cream paint as is and use that for the under side of the table and the dark stained part I painted a teal color.

IMAG0162

All chopped up and ready to paint.  I taped off the hinges as well as the spot where the door knob used to be.

IMAG0164

After, I used my cabinet scrapers to heavily distress the entire door.  I love the way it turned, it looks like the paint has chipped off over the years.

IMAG0172

And after…sealed with a few coats of poly (both sides) and is ready to sell.

DSC_0038

I love where the raw wood is where the door knob plate used to be

DSC_0042

DSC_0034

This is the cut side of the door, I just rubbed a little stain on it to make it look more aged.

DSC_0022

DSC_0035

The 411:

Color = intense teal by SW

This awesome table is available for sale (local pick up only, SLC UT) – see Sweet Pickins for more info

23 Responses to {Another old door turned coffee table}

1. Snappy Di September 22, 2011 at 12:51 am #

The color is perfect!

2. Jessica @ Paint In My Hair September 22, 2011 at 3:03 am #

Love it!! How did you attach the sides? I think this would be a perfect fort–er–coffee table perfect for my living room. ;) Thanks for the inspiration!!! Love it!–oops already said that. Jessica

3. Robin September 22, 2011 at 1:01 pm #

I love it. The color was a good choice.

4. Shabbygal September 22, 2011 at 2:08 pm #

So lovely! I have about 10 of those old doors in my garage! thanks for the inspiration! Traci

5. { The Painted Home } September 22, 2011 at 6:46 pm #

say it ain't so! another one!!! LOVE. If I didn't live clear across the country from you I'd be runnin' over to pick it up now!
    d e n i s e

6. Haylie@thosemossgirls.blogspot.com September 22, 2011 at 10:59 pm #

Love it! Love the color!

7. Genevieve Gail September 23, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

Cuuuuuute!

8. alittlebitcrafty September 23, 2011 at 4:40 pm #

OMG!..just caught you on Nate Berkus show and went to your blog!! Wow, really enjoying it, great ideas. Thanks for the link to the slipcover gal too!
    Lydia
    Razzemtaz@aol.com

9. melismama September 23, 2011 at 6:48 pm #

Just watched you on Nate..YOu looked Great and your house is beautiful!

10. Barbara September 23, 2011 at 7:45 pm #

Great job on Nates show this morning….love all that you do!
    Have a great weekend.♥

11. Shari September 23, 2011 at 8:11 pm #

I love this. You and I both have an intense love for old windows and doors. Your ideas are great. I'm a new follower, although I've stalked your blog many times before :)

Shari
    turnstylevogue.com

12. Kim September 23, 2011 at 10:15 pm #

Need to get my hands on an old door…pronto! The color is awesome too! BTW, just saw YOU on Nate Berkus and you looked great and did a fab job:) Congrats

13. Burlap Luxe September 23, 2011 at 11:49 pm #

Nice to have seen you on the Nate show, and by the way you did not look like a big blob!!! In fact you looked great and all the beautiful pieces you inspired in your home was well presented!

Love your style and will love getting to know you much better.
    come for a visit, see you soon.
    xoxo
    Dore

14. Burlap Luxe September 23, 2011 at 11:51 pm #

PS. would love to share with you piece I recycle and upcycle!

Cheers
    Dore

15. janet September 25, 2011 at 1:57 am #

I saw you on the Nate Berkus show and loved your idea with the trunk..The number 74 on it well I thought why haven't I thought of that..I graduated in 74 so I loved the idea..I am now a follower of yours and have spent the last two days looking at your blog..You are awesome..I love everything..You have a new follower..
    Janet

16. Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy September 25, 2011 at 5:17 am #

Your Nate show was great! It was fun seeing all of the projects I've already seen ON the Nate Show!! :) It was funny when you asked him if he noticed your white dishes in the pantry and he was like, Uh, Ya! Totally noticed! :)

17. Shellie and Ashlie September 26, 2011 at 8:02 pm #

You've inspired me to go buy some turquoise paint! I can't wait to see what project I come up with. Love your blog too!

18. Rita May September 29, 2011 at 12:02 am #

I'm your newest (official) follower. Have loved all your stuff and think that coffee table is too fabulous for words! I'm pinning it !

Cheers!

19. Amy September 29, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

why when i click on the 'about me' its just takes me back to original home page?

20. Kellie Collis October 1, 2011 at 7:43 am #

It's lovely! Have a wonderful day, Kellie xx

21. JMK December 14, 2011 at 4:54 pm #

What kind of poly do you use?

22. Katie from Crane Farms September 7, 2012 at 7:15 pm #

This is such an awesome idea – I love finding old doors at yardsales!

23. Jamie March 13, 2014 at 4:03 pm #

Love this idea…how did you attach the side pieces?