{Springified entry way}

While i am waiting for paint to dry, i thought i would take a few pics of my “springified” entry way.  Even though – the weather outside is crap – not very springy here at all :(

This is what it looked like last week…I am really bad and don’t change things up much around here – i always think i am going to, but other things come up.  But this is a perfect spot to change up, since its a pretty big spot and i can see it from the main areas of my house.

jute rug 011

And after…I changed out the wood architectural piece above the rod for a old long window.  I took down the pics of the kids, and hung mason jars from the rod.  Then i changed out my wreath for my tissue one that i posted about here.  And then, just changed out a few of the knick knack stuff to make it a little lighter.

entry way 014

Isn’t it fresher for the summer?!  And i have fresh flowers throughout the house – so this is another perfect spot to bring in some fun color :)

entry way 016

I hung the mason jars with twine – and when i hung the rod, i hung it on studs, which was good because with the water in all the jars, it is pretty heavy.

entry way 024

For the window, i cut out letters on the cricut, laid it out, and then used the negative space for my stencil.  After i painted it, i took a 60 grit sand block and scuffed up the paint.  **So – side note here – i have this awesome craft room – that i haven’t used even once!!  Speaking of which, i still need to post that – sorry, i get side tracked :) **

entry way 001

entry way 017

Love the dust on the rod!!!  Haha!!

entry way 018

Then i just added some accessories that i found throughout the house.  A fake (yes its fake – but i think its cute) ikea plant, an old metal oil can, an old metal tool box with candles (love me a toolbox, wood or metal – i have them everywhere!!), some candlesticks and my big ol milk tin that i love :)

entry way 027

entry way 028

entry way 030

And i love how much space this rod/window/dresser thing takes up.  We have 10ft ceilings and i love how much wall space it uses.  And, when spring is over, i can scrape the paint off the window and change it up for the next season.

entry way 032

entry way 033

And, think of all the other things that you can put in the mason jars.   How cute would it be with some sand and candles?!  In the winter – some espson salt with some tea light candles?!  And you could hang other things with the mason jars – or mix it up – what about some little tin buckets with flowers or some branches, – freaking cute….

And there it is…my springified entry way!  I have a couple more springy spaces that i am hoping to finish this week and i will be back :)

19 Responses to {Springified entry way}

1. Wanda @ Just Vintage May 17, 2011 at 8:12 pm #

I love the whole spring arrangement! It's so fresh and happy. I especially love the idea of the curtain rod to hang things on. My eye is kinda roving around right now wondering just where I could do that too. ;-)

2. Jess @ House Sweet Home May 17, 2011 at 8:15 pm #

Love it! The little changes make all of the difference in the world!

3. Lindsey May 17, 2011 at 8:16 pm #

I love this! I recently found your blog, and I am loving all this DIY inspiration!

4. Jen-CraftOManiac May 17, 2011 at 8:23 pm #

So beautiful, I love the other ides you suggested for the holidays for the cute jars. I adore the old glad window with Spring painted on. SO BEAUTIFUL AND FRESH. I adore it. winks-jen

5. Becca May 17, 2011 at 8:35 pm #

Gorgeous !! So Spring-y and fun !! Love how you hung the mason jars filled with colorful flowers … and, the sign is fabulous !! xo

6. Amy May 17, 2011 at 8:47 pm #

Ooooh I love it. Looks so fresh and clean!

7. Korrie@RedHenHome May 17, 2011 at 9:29 pm #

Very pretty! I just love the look of fresh flowers in canning jars!

8. Christa @ Stories of a House May 17, 2011 at 10:17 pm #

Wow, Sausha – your home is gorgeous. You did a great job on springifying the entry way. I LOVE the wreath hanging from the rod, and will remember that idea for the next house :)

9. Heather May 18, 2011 at 12:03 am #

I love it! So pretty and welcoming.=) Ps, where do you find "old windows"?? Just lying around??

10. Gayle May 18, 2011 at 1:37 am #

Looks GOOD! A lot of impact for a little effort……

11. Saby May 18, 2011 at 2:16 pm #

I just LOVE this look! And using the curtain rod, mason jars…genius! I've been looking for something to do on a blank wall in our bedroom and this mabybe just the thing – thanks! Oh and just curious – what kind of paint did you use on the window? I've used vinyl on old windows, but never even thought of paint!

12. Orange it Lovely May 18, 2011 at 4:07 pm #

oh that is darling. All of it!!
    Tana

13. Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking May 19, 2011 at 12:18 pm #

That is just so pretty – the before AND the after!

I'd love to live in your house.

14. Elaine May 19, 2011 at 3:21 pm #

Love love love it!!! Everything about it, but mostly the mason jars. How cute are they hanging lopsided full of flowers. Sigh!

15. Reenie May 19, 2011 at 4:43 pm #

So cute.

16. Kim @ Cheap Chic Home May 20, 2011 at 9:45 am #

Ya know, Sausha, my foyer has been crying out for a makeover. I think I'm going to copy your curtain rod hanger.

17. Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek May 27, 2011 at 2:45 am #

I love the galvanized metal! Especially the candles in the tool box thingy!

18. danemi1 May 29, 2011 at 8:55 pm #

wow wow wow – I have spent ages mooching around your blog – hope you dont mind – wow ho inspirational – I just wanna start painting and playing right this very minute – I totally love it – can I come by and hang out again soon please hun – Its a long way from blighty but wow so worth the journey!!!!

19. Chantel June 9, 2011 at 4:03 pm #

I love your style. What a cute entry way. I have got to ask how you find all of those vintage windows and old milk pails. I have been looking for both. I may need to move to UT. lol.