{before & after} – WAS the ugliest desk ever!

So i seriously almost threw this desk away because it was so ugly, and someone had dumped a costco size bottle of liquid soap on it!  It was everywhere!

But, luckily the desk was sold before i painted it and I’m so glad – because it turned out great, much better than i thought it would :)

Before…ugg huh?

trailer 007

And after…

crafthutch1 025

I painted it a creamy white, and because the wood underneath was a light wood, i took a little bit of black stain on a foam brush and rubbed the edges.  Then all the hardware was replaced with black pulls and a fun little knob in the center drawer.

crafthutch1 031

desksfeb2011 019

I also lined all the drawers with some cute coordinating fabric – loved the way it looked.

crafthutch1 023

desksfeb2011 018

desksfeb2011 015

So – you just have to look past all the ugly and see the furniture for what it can be with some fresh paint and some new hardware – so glad i didn’t trash this baby!!

Linking this project up to CSI – go and check out all the other entries!!

Visit thecsiproject.com

22 Responses to {before & after} – WAS the ugliest desk ever!

1. Jennifer May 19, 2011 at 2:35 am #

Before: uuugly! After: fantastic! Great job! I'm currently looking for a desk for my new office/craft room and this is great inspirations! Thanks!
    Jen
    Scissors Spatulas

2. Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys May 19, 2011 at 2:41 am #

No. Flippin'. Way. That's the same desk? Amazing!

3. Chrissie May 19, 2011 at 2:47 am #

Awesome transformation! It doesnt look like the same piece!

4. Tiaras & Bow Ties May 19, 2011 at 2:52 am #

wow, wow, & moe wow! I can hardly believe it's the sae piece. You really had the vision with that one! Great job.
    Kim
    tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com

5. Green Willow Pond May 19, 2011 at 3:11 am #

I love how this turned out! What a great idea to stain the edges like that. It's just like inking the edges of cardstock in scrapbooking to make it look aged. You used my favorite handle pulls too. Great job!

6. Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage May 19, 2011 at 3:20 am #

What a great transformation! I would have walked right by the before. The after is cottage cute!! Well done!

7. Sara {Sara's Closet} May 19, 2011 at 4:25 am #

It looks like a million bucks! you gave it an amazing uplift..it was very sad looking! haha!

8. Mickey May 19, 2011 at 4:59 am #

New to your blog! I have spent the last hour going through your incredible posts. I LOVE everything. You are so talented – your transformations are amazing.
    I am now your newest follower :)
    mickey

9. Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy May 19, 2011 at 6:39 am #

I love it!

10. Angela May 19, 2011 at 12:46 pm #

Simply gorgeous! You can make anything beautiful again!

11. Alicia May 19, 2011 at 1:14 pm #

what a transformation! Love the fabric drawer linings. They add such a wonderful touch!

My husband has this hideous bedroom set that he refuses to get rid of. Our bed and side tables are black and sleek and moder, and these other pieces are… well, they're not. I asked him yesterday if I could paint his set white for our future daughter, fully expecting him to say no. He said Yes! WIN! :) I can't wait to replace them with something more, us! Now I just need a daughter…. lol.

12. Jenny May 19, 2011 at 2:40 pm #

Shut UP! I so, so love it! The color and the pulls are perfect! Great job!

13. Miss Charming May 19, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

What an amazing transformation! I love your choice in hardware, too.

14. Becca May 19, 2011 at 6:11 pm #

You truly have a gift for transforming furniture … amazing job (love the knobs, too) !!

15. Wes and Amy Larsen May 19, 2011 at 8:30 pm #

How did you line the drawers with fabric?

16. Rebekah May 19, 2011 at 8:47 pm #

HOW MUCH!!!!!!! I WANT IT. :)

17. the nayz May 19, 2011 at 11:30 pm #

This turned out absolutely gorgeous!! I will be taking a second look from now on.

18. Lily Rose May 20, 2011 at 12:04 am #

A…mazing! You never cease to amaze me with your makeovers and your vision. Oh how I would love to do what you do but I do not have the patience, especially for the prep…and the painting!! ;-)

19. Mrs T May 20, 2011 at 9:28 pm #

I kept scrolling back and forth going "that is NOT the same desk!" that would have been something I would not look twice at and now something I want to find to make of my very own :)

20. The Striped Box May 30, 2011 at 5:30 am #

That looks AMAZING!!! One of the best transformations I have seen on the blog land.

21. bree johnson June 9, 2011 at 7:05 pm #

coming from csi.. this is gorgeous it looks like it's from pottery barn!!!

22. Mona October 9, 2012 at 4:49 am #

Ayayaya another beautiful transformation of brown to white. Wish I know how to do it. A lot of people told me that I can not repain my light brown furniture to white/cream/greyish one. But you are doing it and it looks amazing. But I am so afraid to mess it up. I have everything light brown my wardrobe, table, two dressers, and it is not art-y at all. My parents bought it for me when I was teen and now I am over twenty-five and hate it, but do not want to just sell (and to whom, it is not in anymore) and I also do not have enough money to just buy knew and this days very pricy pieces.