{before & after} – beach inspired table

Another quick before & after.  This all wood table had super simple lines and just looked like it needed a beachy makeover :)

Before…

furniturefeb2011 013

After…

beach table 004

I painted it bright white and then added some big fat stripes in SW comfort gray.  After all was dry, i took my electric sander to it.   The chairs were also painted the same SW color.

beach table 015

I love the worn away look of the paint – i think the white with the blue/green stripes, the heavily distressed paint and the wooden folding chairs give it that beachy look that i was going for.  Ahhh – i just wish i could really be on the beach right now …. :)

beach table 007

beach table 010

beach table 011

beach table 018

beach table 006

I cant wait to “beachify” something else soon :)

20 Responses to {before & after} – beach inspired table

1. Lyss May 21, 2011 at 4:59 am #

It turned out great!

2. Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy May 21, 2011 at 7:31 am #

The table was so boring before, and somehow you made it awesome!

3. Susan @ homeroad.net May 21, 2011 at 10:50 am #

I LOVE the table! Great stripes! I want one now!
    Susan

4. Katie May 21, 2011 at 10:59 am #

The table looks fabulous! Thanx for the inspiration! I have a dining room table that is in desperate need of something and this is it. I live in South Florida so the beachy theme is perfect…

5. mapleandmagnolia.com May 21, 2011 at 11:58 am #

What an amazing transformation! I love it! :)

6. Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. May 21, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

Mmmmm, soooo pretty. :)

7. Gloria Fox @ Potentially Beautiful May 21, 2011 at 1:57 pm #

Love it!! I'm definitely pining this one for inspiration. Gotta love Pinterest!

8. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle May 21, 2011 at 2:57 pm #

That is so beautiful. Love the stripes.

9. Christa @ Stories of a House May 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm #

You are amazing!

10. Korrie@RedHenHome May 21, 2011 at 3:29 pm #

Really cute…especially with those chairs. And I love the fresh flowers you always have in your photographs.

11. Amanda M. May 21, 2011 at 3:43 pm #

I LOVE this. It is my most fave of yours ever. Totally my style and a hundred times more gorgeous than ANYTHING that could be bought in a store. I so wish I lived by you so I could buy this one! :(

12. KellyH May 21, 2011 at 11:27 pm #

That is beautiful!!

13. Barb@curlywillowdiy May 22, 2011 at 2:03 am #

Oh my! Where the heck have I been? I just found your blog and I'm loving what I see! Really great transformations!!

14. raggygirlvintage May 22, 2011 at 4:26 am #

Stunning! A little sand on the floor and you can dream of the waves!
    Tracey

15. Kristi June 2, 2011 at 5:11 am #

Oooh, I LOVE it! I'm so into beachy right now. I guess everyone is. ha ha

pinned this one!

16. Inspire Me Heather June 10, 2011 at 9:06 pm #

OK I just LOVE that table! Oh my… so glad I found ya! Your blog is wonderful and you've got fabulous style!

17. Mona October 9, 2012 at 4:43 am #

U just made me cry, that´s how much I love it, I wish I could do something like this with my furniture. My whole room is light brown furniture, the wardrobe, table, chest of drawers, everything. I wish I knew how to the something like this with it. For example the whole table like that and maybe just the one side of the wardrobe like that, because its huge, so I do not think I would be able to do the whole piece, just to blend it in, cause I haaate the boring brown furniture:(, and this is so amazing

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} October 9, 2012 at 4:43 pm #

you can do it!! once you get started you will wonder why you were ever scared to paint furniture! You cant mess it up and if you do, just try again!

18. Suzette Feinstein January 20, 2013 at 12:02 pm #

If you leave it unprotected (i.e., just bare sanded paint), do spills soak in and stain it? Red wine is a favorite of mine. Not that I spill all that much…

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 23, 2013 at 7:48 pm #

if you make sure and use a good quality paint in a satin, semi or a gloss finish i think you will be fine without protecting it. If the paint is flat, liquids may stain it because they wont be easily wiped away