{ahhh…thats better} – the jute rug is back!!

So, after i bought this rug that i loved but didnt work for my space, i returned it and then i went shopping (shopping is supposed to be fun, this wasnt)  Nothing worked.  No good rug to be found…

I knew i already had the perfect rug for my space, but i needed to convince Santi to let me bring it back.  He hated the jute rug!

The problem with the jute rug is that it has all these little holes in it.  Well, our house is super dusty.  I think partly because we dont have carpet, only hardwood so you can see all the dust.  We also have a doggy door that i think blows in dust and we dont have much grass in the backyard.  So, with all those things combined, dust piled up under the rug.  It was nasty, i admit it.  But, it was hidden so i didnt care!!

But, i did buy a new vacuum a while back so now i am able to fold half the rug over, vacuum, fold the other half over, vacuum and wa-la, clean floor!

Anyways, with a little convincing i got him to bring the jute rug from out of storage and i got back in my family room yesterday.  Happy at last :)

jute rug 002

I love the texture – and its not very rough on the feet – maybe a little, but who cares when its this cute?!

jute rug 004

Even this little bug eyed creature likes it :)

jute rug 006

Ahhh…so much more fitting for my space.  It creates that beachy, relaxed look that i like.  And it adds some softness to this room, since the only soft fabricy things that i have are the couches.  Love it.

jute rug 007

Better huh??!!

FYI – i bought this rug @ Ikea (right around $90 i think)

17 Responses to {ahhh…thats better} – the jute rug is back!!

1. Pudel-design May 1, 2011 at 4:24 pm #

Looks really good to me, nice buy:)
    Lovely greetings…

2. Comeca Jones May 1, 2011 at 5:30 pm #

Perfect!

3. housedressingblog.blogspot.com May 1, 2011 at 9:34 pm #

Much better! I have a braided jute rug too, and your right it's not the best feeling rug under foot, but like you I love that casual relaxed look that they bring to a room.

4. Snappy Di May 1, 2011 at 10:32 pm #

I can sympathize with you and the dusty house.. I dust and vacuum and by the end of the day could do it all over again. I think it's a combination of the doggie door, a husband that goes in and out all day long and also 2 dogs that when they shake, dust goes flying from their fur. ugh.

Anyway, I liked the other rug. Jute never feels good under my feet so I go with cloth rugs. What didn't you like about the Ikea rug?

Di

5. Lily Rose May 1, 2011 at 10:48 pm #

I like the jute rug and it does definitely provide that relaxed, beachy feel …. but, I must say that I liked the other rug so much better. It did have an ethnic vibe (not necessarily a bad thing) but I think what I liked the most about it was the colors and the harmony they had together and I think it looked fantastic in your room. Sorry, don't mean to rub it in….just sayin'. Love the jute, too, though!

6. Jenny May 1, 2011 at 10:52 pm #

The rug looks great and I have the same one. I too get the dust underneath it, I think it is just the rug as my cousin also has the same issue. The more you vacuum the better it gets. ;-)

7. Christa @ Stories of a House May 2, 2011 at 10:50 am #

Your entire room is simply gorgeous! And, for it to be inviting and cozy as well is hard to do, but you did! I LOVE your house!

8. Jen-uinely Inspired May 2, 2011 at 2:54 pm #

Oh, I like the jute rug much better! I just shopped for a rug to go underneath our bed…and I agree, no fun shopping! Love your room!

9. Patrish May 2, 2011 at 10:12 pm #

OK, you are my favorite blogger-babe EVER! Thank you so much for all the tips you offer. I paint anything and everything I can get my hands on. I tell my kids that if they sit still for too long I'll probably paint them too!

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

10. Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy May 3, 2011 at 4:45 pm #

Your room is so spacious and pretty!

11. The Downs Family May 4, 2011 at 5:06 am #

Much Much better! I LOVE LOVE LOVE jute rugs! Just and idea…. you could put a light colored rug on top of the jute so the jute shows around the edges. A circled rug with some type of simple pattern would look awesome! That way you still have your jute and your hubby's feet aren't as mad :)

12. Design Fixation May 10, 2011 at 8:17 pm #

Yes, love the jute rug. It really adds a sense of warmth to the room.

(And the pug is just adorable, he has such a fabulous little face!)

13. laramartin66 October 4, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

thanks for sharing nice detail about the jute rugs. i like your rooms it looks very beautiful.

Natural Jute Products

14. Patty Tieri March 9, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

Love, love your living room{or den} .Do your couches have slip covers? Did you make them? I love white slipcovers but no one will make them for me! I am too old now to make my own. Saw you on my favorite show with Nate! He is a sweetheart. I may wind up buying one piece of your beautiful tables. Your work is fun! Patty

15. Crystal January 11, 2013 at 7:07 pm #

I love this look! My sister-in-law recommended that I get this rug, and I believe she is right! :) What size and color is yours? Thanks!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} January 16, 2013 at 6:00 pm #

It didnt have a color – just the only one that they had @ Ikea. And sorry, i dont know the size nor can i measure because i had to throw it away :( the rug came unraveled and wasnt fixable. I could have flipped it around and possibly of hid the broken spot under the couch, but jute rugs are so messy and collect lots of dust and fibers that my husband wanted it gone! I could of overlooked the dust (i have for a few years while we have had other jute rugs!) – but i know have a new wool rug there instead :)