{the NOT SO PRETTY part of painting}

For the most part…usually…well…almost always…pretty much – my paint projects go off without a hitch – some of course are a little more involved than others, some take a little more time than planned, some are easier than planned – BUT – some turn into BIG FAT pains in my booty.

Painting is not always fun – of course putting on the paint is fun, taking the “after” shot is fun, putting money in my pocket for my hard work is fun – but when mess ups happen – NOT FUN.  Not fun at all.

Take these 2 projects for example.  This is what i am working on right now – i am on break now, so i thought i would share my misery :)

This table i seriously got about a month ago – yes, i have had it for a month(its a refinish that i am doing for someone).  We thought that it was all wood, so i was just going to stain the top.  Well – its not all wood…wood and MDF.  So, we decided to paint it black again – didnt like it.  I decided to repaint with an enamel paint so it was more like the factory finish – didnt like it.  So now  its being sanded down to try another option – wish me luck.  Poor lady without a table – but she is very understanding :)

yuck 001

Then this cute little table was dropped off for a simple repaint.  For some reason my primer bubbled – so guess what i am doing today.  I grabbed my trusty cleaning toothbrush and have spent lots of time cleaning the primer out of all those little details.  Ugggghhhhh……

yuck 003

yuck 004

yuck 006

doesn’t  this look like fun??!!

yuck 006

i have lots to say on this whole painting thing – but i will save that for another day.  But – i just wanted to show that its not all pretty in the furniture painting biz – not pretty at all….  :)

11 Responses to {the NOT SO PRETTY part of painting}

1. Wanda @ Just Vintage April 14, 2011 at 9:18 pm #

And well worth just about any amount of money you can get for the job! Your projects always turn out really nice in the end, though.
    Ugh. That sounds like my luck. And the very reason I keep putting off painting all the things I've been accumulating.

2. Reenie April 14, 2011 at 9:24 pm #

Sorry about the table giving you heck.

I love the 2nd table….that's really different.

3. Mike Gardner April 14, 2011 at 9:29 pm #

Same! We have had some of the same problems. We stripped and repainted a table four times once because of various problems. I think that occassionally a piece as a strange reaction to just about whatever you put on it and then frustration takes over and you just have to set is aside for a few hours or a couple of months!

4. Marci April 14, 2011 at 11:05 pm #

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has problems with a few projects. The before and after pictures always tend to make everything look like it was sooo easy to accomplish.

5. Christa @ Stories of a House April 14, 2011 at 11:18 pm #

Oh my goodness. I feel your pain! I wonder why the primer bubbled? I hate it when projects have glitches!

6. Anneke April 15, 2011 at 4:18 am #

Wow…that second table is A.MAZ.ING. And you're not even done with it. I can just imagine how stunning it will be! Thank you for sharing on your blog and being a personal inspiration to me as I am so new to all of this. :-)

Anneke@
    RustiChic.blogspot.com

7. Snappy Di April 15, 2011 at 11:56 am #

I would imagine that at times it can be a hit or miss situation, but from what I've seen, you always find a way to fix the situation… Kudos to the work you do so well!

Di

8. Jessica April 15, 2011 at 3:31 pm #

So glad to hear I'm not the only one who has occasional paint glitches. you do awesome work!

9. Elaine April 15, 2011 at 7:48 pm #

I was just reading through and catching up on all your recent posts. I love all your stuff so much, can I be you???? Just even for a day?? Huh huh?? Although I don't think I could cope with so much furniture around, you are inspiring!

10. Sweet Tweets Boutique April 18, 2011 at 5:07 am #

Oh man, that's my table!! So very sorry it's been a pain for you. Makes me feel bad.

11. oops! April 20, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

I hear ya! The table sure is a gorgeous piece though – keep at it!