{bringing home my work!}

Since i quit my job and working on furniture full time, i couldn’t be happier – seriously words cant even describe how much i am loving it.  In fact, its only been this last week where it has really started to sink in that this is what i “do” now  – I’m not just on a long vacation from that other job – this is my “job” and i am LOVING it!!!

But  – there are hazards to this job!  More on other hazards later – but for now , i just want to show how crazy my house is – these are not pretty pics, sorry, but they may make you feel better about your house :)

My bedroom is the only space in the house with a white wall – i like to take my pics in front of a white wall, so that the colors don’t clash and it just looks cleaner.  So, all this furniture when its done or almost done, gets brought into my entry way or family room and then works its way to my room for pics – its crazy in here!!

I do planning on painting a white wall in my basement this weekend where i can take my pics and then i will be able to take everything downstairs – that will help big time.  Santi and the kids can only handle the maze that they have to walk through to get to the bathroom or their rooms for so long :)

In the family room…

furniture 3 001

Some more in the family room…

furniture 3 002

The entry way…

furniture 3 003

The office by the front door…

furniture 3 005

In the entry way…dont step on the drawer fixin parts…

furniture 3 006

And in my room…only that black dresser is mine…(color on walls is comfort gray by SW because i know i will get some emails!)

furniture 3 008

HA HA!! – how would you like to live in that mess??!!  I need to get in under control soon, because i look at my crazy garage full of furniture all day and then come inside and have to look at more furniture!!!

24 Responses to {bringing home my work!}

1. Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy April 8, 2011 at 5:29 am #

That is so hilarious! I've always got something blocking areas of the house or off limit areas…because the glaze isn't dry yet or something like that!!! ;)

2. Traci April 8, 2011 at 5:55 am #

Your house is beautiful and well lived in. It is very nice to read how much you are enjoying your "new job".
    Traci

3. Theresa April 8, 2011 at 6:58 am #

Yeh, yeh, yeh but your house is STILL gorgeous! One day, one day! Love your work by the way.

4. Harry April 8, 2011 at 7:23 am #

Thank you for such a wonderful post. I enjoyed every bit of it.kids furniture

5. Crystal April 8, 2011 at 11:11 am #

I've always said a true crafter NEVER has a clean house (which is a great excuse for doing other things than cleaning…ha ha). The way I see it if the house isn't messy you're not being productive….so you've been productive…it's a GOOD thing!!!

6. Amanda April 8, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

I love following your blog. You are so talented. What about painted a large sheet of beadboard white or some sort of false backdrop so you could just hold it up behind and if you opened your garage door or something the natural light could come in to help the picture take well. I can't imagine having to move that in and out of the house all the time! lol

7. Levi & Katie April 8, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

How fun! You have inspired me to start redoing furniture. My hubby isn't to happy about me filling up our garage with it all. haha It is kind of hard to with a now 2 month old and a 3 year old but I am loving it! I love all of the pieces you find! It is hard down here in St George for some reason. Every once in a while you find something but it is very rare. Love reading up on all you do!

8. decorating diva {aka deanna} April 8, 2011 at 4:03 pm #

OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD! I LOVE YOUR DARK WOOD FLOORS AND THE COLOR ON THE WALLS. MY HOUSE IS LIKE THAT TOO. IT'S HARD TO WORK FROM HOME, BUT SO WORTH IT!

9. Gold Shoe Girl April 8, 2011 at 8:59 pm #

I just spent most of today trying to get our clutter and stuff under control. And I only did it because we are having guests tomorrow:) Otherwise we'd still be living in the middle of project central.

10. Emily April 8, 2011 at 9:07 pm #

Oh my, I can relate, but my house is a mess of toys and baby stuff, not furniture:) Good luck getting it under control, I know I need it!

11. Tiffany April 8, 2011 at 11:26 pm #

that was fun, excited for you in your new job though! must be flippin awesome…

12. Ashley April 8, 2011 at 11:36 pm #

Oh that's crazy funny. The inside now looks like the garage. Supportive family. So happy for you,isn't nice to "do" what you love for a living??

13. Price Cream Parlor April 9, 2011 at 2:49 pm #

Yeah! Glad to hear that you are loving your job at home – I loved seeing my table there that you are working on!
    Wondering about the green door by my table – looking for a cute new door for my pantry…?

14. Wendy April 9, 2011 at 11:26 pm #

what is the color in the office? :)

15. Karen @ THEBUSYBUG April 10, 2011 at 2:23 am #

Beautiful house!! I see you are redoing your chairs! I have been working on my living room chairs for so long now. Getting those staples out is such a pain!! Love your work and congratulations your new "JOB" TFS. Bug Hugs!

16. Belinda April 10, 2011 at 3:03 pm #

I understand your frustration. I was telling my husband the other day how I'd like to do a little of this, but I have no where to put what I'm working on. My house it TINY.

Your work is gorgeous by the way. :)

17. Christa @ Stories of a House April 10, 2011 at 6:21 pm #

Wow, that is crazy! But, you are doing what you love and that is what matters.

18. Anonymous April 14, 2011 at 3:42 am #

Hi! What paint color is our office? LOVE it with all of the white! :) Love your house. Also, what type of flooring do you have? GOR-GE-OUS! I'm new to your blog! Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

19. Brooke April 14, 2011 at 8:04 am #

OMG! I have those same chairs that you have painted white in the office! I hate mine! WHat's your final vision? I hate those chairs. I can't wait to see your finished product! I really want newer more modern dining room furniture, but am spending money on other house decorating things first.

20. Barefoot Apron April 18, 2011 at 8:35 pm #

Your an inspiration…. time to start thinking about getting an off site studio!

21. oops! April 20, 2011 at 1:29 pm #

I Love it! I Love seeing the real life behind the pretty pictures on blogs! Your house is still beautiful!

22. Harish May 9, 2011 at 5:02 pm #

Hi , I Fould your link in bing.com ,Nice Blogs You write I have Bookmarked itwork from home

23. henry October 1, 2011 at 11:14 am #

I am amazed to see such an amazing post. Keep up the good work.Best Business School

24. vineyard March 14, 2013 at 11:18 am #

Thanks for sharing your posting. It built me smile and after that giggle that’s saying one thing!