{Cutest little side table – a refinish}

1st – can i just say that i thought that i was going to have way more time for blogging – uhhhh…no i dont!!!  I am so busy with furniture its crazy!!!  I’m definitely not complaining – i love that people are buying my stuff before its even done!!!  It makes me believe that this whole thing will work out great :)

Anyways – on to the fun stuff!

Emily @ Notions on Nesting brought over some pieces a while back for some fresh paint.  One of the pieces was this antique little side table – not in the best shape, but super cute.

All – well most of the paint had already been stripped so i gave it a light sand and painted it a creamy white, then heavily distressed it with a 60 grit sanding block.

The top was stained, then after the stain was dry, the same creamy white was dry brushed on top and then i took some steel wool to it and sanded off some of the white.  Love the top – Love the table!!

Before…

furniturefeb2011 004

After…

furniturefeb2011 046

furniturefeb2011 051

furniturefeb2011 052

furniturefeb2011 049

Go and visit Emily @ Notions on Nesting – she just had her 5th baby!!! – he is so cute!!!

I have so many furniture re-do’s to share – be back soon…

18 Responses to {Cutest little side table – a refinish}

1. Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage March 22, 2011 at 5:11 am #

Love it! This is such a pretty, elegant table! Your paint finish is gorgeous!

2. Kim @ Second Time Furniture March 22, 2011 at 5:32 am #

Super cute! Love the white over the stain!

3. Zondra Art March 22, 2011 at 8:48 am #

Gorgeous and very elegant table!
    Greetings from Croatia and pleasant Tuesday.
    Zondra Art

4. Crystal March 22, 2011 at 11:08 am #

Love the table!! It looks great!

5. Christa @ Stories of a House March 22, 2011 at 11:35 am #

Gorgeous! Love the legs on that table.

6. Saby March 22, 2011 at 11:53 am #

Oh I just love the white dry brushed on top! I have never tried that technique but you sure make me want to grab any piece of furniture and give it a shot! Beautiful makeover and congrats on the new job going so well!

7. Penny of This-N-That March 22, 2011 at 12:36 pm #

Love this table it looks great. I am so glad that you are busy, I know that has to be exciting and proof that you mad the right decision to quit your job. Congrats that it is working out.

Penny

8. naja March 22, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

What a sweet table! I have so many pieces that need to be done – wish I had the time. Thanks for sharing your techniques with us. They will come in handy!

9. Emily March 22, 2011 at 4:32 pm #

Thanks for doing such a good job of finishing my table!

10. Terry March 22, 2011 at 6:30 pm #

I love to refinish furniture too and this table is gorgeous. I can see a finial in the center of that bottom where the leg brackets meet! This is so awesome…it will be gone soon if it isn't already.

11. Orange it Lovely March 22, 2011 at 7:35 pm #

that table is gorgeous!! Wonderful makeover!
    Tana

12. Carissa March 22, 2011 at 9:01 pm #

Wow! You are so talented! I wish I lived closer to snatch up some of your amazing pieces! Great job!

13. Megan March 22, 2011 at 9:45 pm #

I would love to do some furniture refinishing myself, but I'm having a hard time finding furniture to refinish! Where do you find such cute pieces with such great bones? Any tips for someone on a very limited budget finding cute refinishable furniture?

Thanks!!!

14. Kim @ Cheap Chic Home March 22, 2011 at 11:23 pm #

The table turned out with the perfect amount of shabbiness and refinement, Sausha. The best of luck with your new furniture business.

15. Emily @ RemarkableHome March 23, 2011 at 3:52 am #

Are you kidding me???? You are amazing! I would NEVER have thought to stain a top and then dry brush paint on it. It looks soooo good! You are very talented!

I would love for you to pop over to my new blog if you get a second.

16. Dana Caffrey December 14, 2012 at 3:11 am #

This is such a pretty table! Your paint finish is gorgeous! You truly nailed it! Your work inspired me to do some furniture refurbishing. So talented indeed!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} December 28, 2012 at 6:27 pm #