{Refinished dresser}

This is just a little before and after pic to once again show “"THE POWER OF PAINT” – imagine me saying that with my superman cape on and in my deepest voice – ok…dont imagine that…i will just imagine it myself and say it over and over in my head :)

Anyways…what was once a dated dresser in awesome shape – is now a super cute updated dresser all with a little black paint, light distressing and some blingy little knobs (hobby lobby in case you were wondering and i know that you were)

The cute girl who purchased this is going to use it as a TV console – that is totally what i imagined it being used for due to its 3 middle drawers – i think they make it look more like a buffet/tv console rather than a dresser.  The 3 middle drawers look like they used to have a door on them – but that was missing when i got the dresser.

Before…

garage 025

And after…

black dresser and teal dresser 009

black dresser and teal dresser 011

black dresser and teal dresser 012

black dresser and teal dresser 013

**FYI – painted in Valspars Dark Kettle Black in a satin finish**

Also – in case you are wondering why my pics say Sweet Pickins – thats my furniture blog that i post all of my pieces that are up for sale :)

26 Responses to {Refinished dresser}

1. Heather@The Black's Best February 9, 2011 at 5:34 am #

Beautiful…I've been dying to find a dresser like this to use as an entertainment center and have had NO luck! The hardware is a lot of fun too!

2. Kim @ Second Time Furniture February 9, 2011 at 5:37 am #

Just vistiting from Christa! :) Love your blog and am your newest follower!
    Kim

3. Heather February 9, 2011 at 5:43 am #

It's gorgeous!!! Every time I see a refinished piece on here, I get all excited to refinish mine!

4. lisaroyhandbags February 9, 2011 at 10:11 am #

How beautiful! I love the colour and the new hardware is perfect! :)

5. Elaine February 9, 2011 at 12:24 pm #

Love it! I have been going to Hobby Lobby my whole life BUT just somehow this week discovered the hardware aisle…I thought I was in heaven. All the beautiful glass, metal, etc in a knob shapes LOL. But what really made my day was the price tag – at least half if not more than what I had been paying for my anthropology knobs.

6. Carmen at Primcats February 9, 2011 at 1:49 pm #

Great makeover!

Carmen and the Primcats

7. Celeste February 9, 2011 at 2:04 pm #

Gorgeous! I just adore all of your furniture re-dos!

8. marty (A Stroll Thru Life) February 9, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

Love it. Great hardware also. Hugs Marty

9. Sarah @ Stella&Gray February 9, 2011 at 4:14 pm #

those nobs are pretty fantastic! and I adore that shade of gray!!

stellaandgray.blogspot.com

10. Jenny February 9, 2011 at 5:51 pm #

Wow, wow, WOW! I love it! The knobs are perfect! Nice work.

11. Ana Maria Echeverria de Andrés February 9, 2011 at 9:16 pm #

amazing result!

12. Kim @ Second Time Furniture February 9, 2011 at 11:46 pm #

It's me, Kim, again! I was looking at the Spraymall site, getting ready to order the 7.0! You said you ordered additional spray tips. Did you get the spray tip set that had about 6 tips in it? The info said the sprayer came with #3 set~ is that just one tip? Thanks! You have been oh so helpful!!! BTW -I don't think it's weird you cried over your spray gun~ I totally understand! :)

13. Tiffany February 10, 2011 at 1:16 am #

u do such a nice job!

14. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper February 10, 2011 at 2:03 am #

that looks great, sausha! i especially love the hardware you chose which give it a funker vibe.

15. I Play Outside The Box February 10, 2011 at 12:41 pm #

Oh my…this is such a beautiful piece of furniture…I could not have parted with it! BEAUTIFUL! You rock!

16. Christa @ Stories of a House February 10, 2011 at 1:49 pm #

Love it, Sausha! I think the missing door doesn't even matter – it looks great!

17. Tasha February 11, 2011 at 12:40 am #

love the hardware and the dresser

18. Tulip and Turnip February 13, 2011 at 2:36 am #

That is gorgeous! The color really brings out the details. I love it!

19. Snappy Di February 14, 2011 at 7:18 pm #

wow… such a great and updated transformation. Great color choice!

20. Princess Danell February 16, 2011 at 2:54 am #

SNAP! I purchased a piece very similar about 2 weeks ago waiting for inspiration. Booyah! You've done it. Mine will also be a tv console….but maybe red? Thanks!

21. The Cranky Queen February 23, 2011 at 3:34 pm #

Luv, luv, luv your blog because of the variety. The tutorials, the great craft ideas, the fun kid stuff…I am a new follower and plan on sharing with my friends. Please visit me at thecrankyqueen.blogspot.com Tiff

22. Jen-CraftOManiac March 2, 2011 at 2:48 am #

CAN I JUST SAY YOU ARE GIFTED AND AH-MAZING. I adore all your furniture DIY before's and after's WELL DONE! winks-jen

23. Joy August 23, 2011 at 5:33 am #

Wow- I have an old dresser just like that one and boy does it need an update. My question— do you always stick to the original type of drawer pull – if it has a single pull on the drawer do you automatically stick with a single on the re-do? All my drawers on the dresser are single pulls, but I love the look of the other pulls you used.
    I love your work– so beautiful. I'm so inspired and the next chance I get I'm emptying out that dresser and going to town with the paint. I have a matching armoire and they will both be complete renewed! Yay.

24. Cindy November 16, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

Can I glaze brown over black to soften the black color? What would I use? Cindy

25. Sarah Robinson August 17, 2013 at 6:02 am #

SO Lovely! You inspired me to try! I found a free dresser on Craigslist and painted it black! Turned out nice!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} September 22, 2013 at 10:47 am #

it turned out awesome – good job!!