{“oldish” dresser turned TV console}

1st – where has time gone?  I cant believe its almost mid-november already!  I have been so busy with furniture orders/re-do’s that i have totally neglected this little blog of mine.  I have taken tons of pics but just havent had the time to get them posted – but i am working on trying to make a little time to get back to this blog – also time to check out all the blogs that i love (and miss!!)   :)

And 2nd – i recently  transformed an older dresser into a cute little TV console for a big ol’ flat screen.  This was a made to order piece – so it went all black, no distressing, new handles, top drawers removed, and a piece of molding wrapped around the bottom to hide the oh so dated scroll carvings on the bottom.

Before –

showandsell 054

And after – (pictures taken in clients home)

**notice the bottom?  molding was wrapped around entire bottom to cover up the carvings – really updates the piece, i like how it chunks it up :)

showandsell 079

Up close look at trim that was added around removed top drawers.  FYI – all drawers on top were removed then wood shelf added so that they can put all their TV components on it.

showandsell 084

Ok, i will be back soon with more :)

20 Responses to {“oldish” dresser turned TV console}

1. sweet european dreams November 15, 2010 at 6:23 am #

beautiful! The molding looks great! I seriously need a tutor like you to help me with all of my wood-re-do projects. I'm learning by trial and lots of error!! -diane

2. Jenny November 15, 2010 at 6:25 am #

That looks fantastic!!!! I love it. ;-)

3. Restyled Vintage November 15, 2010 at 6:51 am #

Nice upcycling job but I had to laugh at your clients choice of black when she clearly doesn't do her dusting often enough ;)

xx Karen

4. Tanya November 15, 2010 at 1:04 pm #

Great upgrade!

5. junkermidge November 15, 2010 at 5:00 pm #

Wow! Awesome transformation of the dresser into the tv console. Adding the trim on the bottom was a great idea. And I love the color. Great job!
    Midge

6. LahTeaDah November 15, 2010 at 9:04 pm #

IMPRESSIVE!!!!

XOXO
    Yours Truly

~ When Fashion and Tea Collide ~

read me: http://www.lahteadah.blogspot.com
    follow me http://www.twitter.com/QueenEarlGrey
    email me: lahteadahxoxo@gmail.com

7. Kimberly November 16, 2010 at 12:03 am #

That is amazing! LOVE!

8. Bella November 16, 2010 at 12:14 am #

I LOVE this! You must tell me though, what kind of paint and what finish did you use?! I can't seem to get it right and I"m trying to pick out a paint for our accent table that I'm hoping to paint soon.

9. adrian and caisa November 16, 2010 at 6:07 am #

i happen to like the black! and, for the record, that was taken the 2nd day it was in my home — sorry, i don't dust everyday! :-) THANKS Sausha… we LOVE it!

10. Crystal November 16, 2010 at 6:59 am #

This is so nice! Great Job. I don't know the first thing about redoing/upcycling and I envy your work!

11. Crystal November 16, 2010 at 2:56 pm #

Love it. I'm so mad I just threw out a dresser because a few drawers were broke and beyond repair. I wish I would of seen this post a few weeks ago!

12. jeanne @ juNxtaposition November 17, 2010 at 4:13 am #

gorgeous !! totally !! love love love it !
    the molding makes it !

13. The Mulberry Girl November 18, 2010 at 1:45 pm #

What a change for the better – that turned out something I would love in my home!

14. Elisabeth November 19, 2010 at 12:22 pm #

That looks great, and I am in awe of your woodworking skills! Where did you find the knobs for that?
    It's so much better I think to reuse something that is real wood than buy some crappy particle board thing for way too much money! I just can't believe how much they charge for that fake stuff.

15. Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm November 21, 2010 at 12:51 am #

Great re-do. I have one that I picked up for $30.00 the other day and am planning on doing it in black. Hope it turns out this well. Teresa

16. The Orgill Family November 21, 2010 at 6:03 am #

I absolutely love it!!! I was wondering also about the finish, I can't quite tell from the picture if there is like a rustic distressing (areas showing a rusty red under the black) if so what product and technique do you use. Thanks.

17. Lindsey January 8, 2011 at 6:42 am #

I loved this idea of turning a dresser into a tv stand. I just finished one for my living room and absolutely love it! Its a fun light powder blue color. Thanks for the idea!

18. Kaitlin March 4, 2011 at 3:13 am #

I love your site! I love your furniture re-dos and especially how you turn dressers into tv stands. I would love to see how you do this.

19. KV July 2, 2011 at 6:32 pm #

I agree with Kaitlin! I am in the process of doing the same project and am wondering what to do when adding the wood to make shelves instead of drawers. Would love some insight.

kristenvintage@blogspot.com

20. Anonymous January 9, 2012 at 9:28 am #

The article was very interesting and informative for me. weight loss