{laundry room highlight with an awesome link for some awesome plans}

I get a bajillion emails – yes, really a bajillion emails, no exaggeration at all, about my laundry room that i posted about here and here.  You guys want to know every detail – every teensy tiny detail – i don’t blame you because the idea is awesome, genius, brilliant, etc… if i don’t say so myself ;)  (yes, i am totally proud of my laundry room in case that is not obvious)

But, at the time i built my little masterpiece i wasn’t blogging, i had no idea that my pics needed to be so detailed – also i did my best to describe the process but some people need plans – detailed plans.

Well, Christa from Stories of a House found inspiration in my laundry room and built herself her own riser – well her husband built it –but  same dif.  But, he is an architect so he knows how to draw up those fancy schmany plans – cool huh?!

At the time i was sooooo excited to get these plans posted on my blog – give a little shout out to Christa and her awesome laundry room, and help out my readers with some of their questions, but life got in the way and here it is, almost 3 months later and i am finally getting to it!!  So this post is to all the people that have been patiently waiting for some more detailed info on the washer/dryer riser that i just cant explain – pics are way better sometimes for the things that take a little more planning :)

My laundry room in case you haven’t seen…

laundryroom 2 026

My riser that i built with my own two hands…

laundryroom 2 012

And Christa’s riser…lovin the white – lovin the baskets

And her most awesomest plans EVER!!!

Anyways – if you are at all interested in knowing how to build this baby – then you must go and check out Christas blog right away for the plans.

Ok, another frequent email i get is about the “how-to’s” of my closet re-do that i posted about here

closet 007

So, i shall return in a day or two (or three) and give you guys the 411 on that little project :)

By the way, i am now on Facebook if you guys want to ‘like’ me, ‘follow me’ – whatever facebookians do :)

11 Responses to {laundry room highlight with an awesome link for some awesome plans}

1. Tanya November 19, 2010 at 2:46 pm #

Wow, thanks! I was wondering if you get any vibration noise when the washer and dryer are up on risers and running.

2. Dana November 23, 2010 at 6:22 pm #

This is perfect! I loved your riser and wanted to build one for my laundry room. My husband and I were going to take this on as our Christmas break project, so the timing couldn't have been better!

3. Coupon Connections NW November 25, 2010 at 6:12 am #

Looks like I need to go and buy a front load!

4. The Postl's December 9, 2010 at 6:33 pm #

You are so amazing! I knew I had to build one of these and I did. Thanks for the great idea. Here is a link to my blog with the laundry room stand.
    Natalie

5. Anonymous December 30, 2010 at 9:44 am #

Hey i made this i made changes on it..well heres a link to my video if anyone wants to watch them..thanks for the idea it was a great x-mas idea. I have a total of ten videos i hope guys enjoy thanks again for the great idea

6. Design Love January 3, 2011 at 1:27 am #

What a nice laundry room! Love the details and the riser you made!

Visiting from TLC linky

Cindy(Design Love)

7. Comeca Jones March 10, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

I love it!

8. Traci G. February 29, 2012 at 9:38 am #

OK – am I the only short person that likes these? I’m guessing I’d need a step stool to turn the washer/dryer on? But it seems worth it to have the extra, easy to get to storage area beneath :-)

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 29, 2012 at 9:22 pm #

im only 5’2″ and i can reach them just fine to turn them on and put in the soap :)

9. Brenda May 29, 2012 at 4:47 pm #

This is awesome! Thank You for sharing! One question though, does it tend to be noisier when they are elevated?

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} May 29, 2012 at 7:38 pm #

not at all – just make sure your washer is level by adjusting the little feet on the bottom :)