{halloween decor – just a little…}

I wanted to do a ton of decorating for Halloween this year, i LOVE Halloween -  i had plans, BIG plans i tell ya, but things got in the way.  I have sold a bunch of furniture lately and some custom orders in the works – so i am busy!  I’ll post some before and afters soon :)

Until then, here is a my mantel that i threw together.  I had some old shutters – spray painted them black, sanded them down, and then screwed them together all crazy like.

I think it needs something in the middle of the shutters – i tried a book wreath but i wasn’t feelin it…

halloween 001

I stopped on the way home from work and broke some sticks off an old dead tree then i threw some spanish moss on them and some little dollar store birdies – i wish i would have bought a hundred more of those little birds – maybe next year…

halloween 004  I took the binding off some old books and tied them together with some burlap ribbon – i love that burlap ribbon – its my new favorite thing, at least for this week anyways :)halloween 011 Here is my entry way – i just gathered some bird cages from around the house, sprinkled some spanish moss everywhere and then lit a ton of candles – i love lit candles – especially for halloweenhalloween 018

halloween 021

My normal wreath was replaced with a twig wreath – my kids pics were covered up with dollar store spooky pictures

halloween 025

halloween 027

And here is a little cutesy halloween tree that i have – but i am so over cutesy…

halloween 037

I have a few more things to finish up – i will show you those pics in a couple of days – and yes i know Halloween is only a couple of days away and i am still decorating!!  But i have people coming over so things gotta be cute right?!  I am just taking my sweet time….!!!

18 Responses to {halloween decor – just a little…}

1. Stacey D October 28, 2010 at 1:08 pm #

That is absolutely fantastic!!

2. Orange it Lovely October 28, 2010 at 1:19 pm #

oh WOW!!! That looks AMAZING! Seriously I love it! Great job.. WOW
    ~Tana

3. Richards Family October 28, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

I love all of your ideas. You are just amazing. I do have a ? for ya. Where do you get your cute twig wreaths. You have one in your laundry room and then the one above your birdhouse. I love them and have been looking for one! Thanks so much for all your fun ideas!

4. Rachelle October 28, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

Looks amazing of course! The shutters are AWESOME!

xo

Rachelle

• Emanuela June 7, 2012 at 2:43 am #

Your wreath turend out so good! I’ve been wanting to try out the paper roses, but have been scared! I think I will give it a try tomorrow though. Love the entire display with the shutter and the orange frames. I saw on your blog that you just got stationed in KY. How do you like it? We just got stationed at Ft. Bragg in NC and it has been quite an adjustment! We are from WA State and the humidity here is killing me! I really enjoyed reading your blog!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} June 25, 2012 at 6:25 pm #

nope, didnt get stationed in KY? We are in Utah to stay! Luckily with my husbands military career we dont have to more around!

5. Kasia October 28, 2010 at 3:36 pm #

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! you are so creative. I am so glad there weren't any of your creepy dolls!

6. Erin October 28, 2010 at 3:49 pm #

Well for a 'thow together' it is AMAZING! Who I am kidding…it's amazing even if you had spend 3 days putting it together!!!

And I adore your fireplace mantle!! (I mean the black wood one…with or without Halloween decor…the actual mantel itself). ;)

7. Kerri Marie October 28, 2010 at 4:59 pm #

LOve these especially the halloween tree!!! Great ideas, thanks for sharing.

8. Sabrina October 28, 2010 at 6:18 pm #

SPOOOOOOO-key. Love it all. Esp. the crazy shutters! Great idea. Happy Halloween!

9. Katrine October 28, 2010 at 7:54 pm #

I love your Halloween decorations! I tried to find birds too late in the season. No one had them! Next year I will also buy hundreds of those birds!

10. sheatonio October 29, 2010 at 5:06 am #

Im a fellow Halloween fanatic, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did! Antique the edges of your book wreath and add some creepy extras it gives it an apothecary look. I did that with mine anyway and it turned out pretty cool looking.

11. Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. October 31, 2010 at 12:40 pm #

Can you decorate my house for Halloween? Please???? :)

12. Kim November 2, 2010 at 2:06 am #

Nice job, everything looks perfectly "horrible!"

13. Tabatha & Michael Stimpson November 8, 2010 at 4:33 am #

I am just soooo in love with your house!!! seriously i want it all!!!

14. junkermidge November 15, 2010 at 4:57 pm #

I LOVE the mantle decoration! Way cool! And the entry way is awesome too — spooooky!
    Midge

15. tylerandsharon January 27, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

So I just found your blog and I am drooling over EVERYTHING. I too am a lover of bead board and all its goodness! : ) For the middle of your shutters you could do a all black feather wreath to go with the birds or a all black "felt circle" wreath. Again I love it ALL!

16. Gina (Lady Goats) January 28, 2011 at 1:45 am #

Oh my gosh, THREE of those bird cages? WHERRRE did you get them????