{Dresser turned entry table turned bench – are you following?!}

You may remember my dresser turned entry table that i posted about here, and then i got a new entry table that i posted about here.  Well, i have taken the old entry table and turned it into a bench.

When i was building the old entry table (in its former life it was a dresser), before i had added the legs i thought that it would be a pretty cute bench, but i didn’t need a bench.  Well, i still don’t need a bench and that’s why I’m selling it, but i still wanted to post it to show you guys  – and maybe you have an old dresser lying around that could be modified?  Plus it makes a very unique bench with a little storage.

I actually love the idea of having a bench at the end of my bed – somewhere to throw the pillows, and it makes another space that i can decorate :)  So i will be making a bench for the end of my bed soon – another project for another day :)

1st life…

IMG00454_thumb[2]

2nd life…

entryway.blog 018

3rd and current life…

furniture 037

Close up of the molding – one of the things that i LOVE about this bench/dresser thingy :)

furniture 043

furniture044

furniture 046

By the way, i know that i have never posted about the board and batten treatment that i did in my room a while ago – i will have more time for blogging beginning next week and i have a ton of stuff to post :)

Also, the legs that i took off from my old entry table are undergoing a transformation as well…i will be sure to show you guys some pics soon.

30 Responses to {Dresser turned entry table turned bench – are you following?!}

1. Ashley @ The Hillside Home October 13, 2010 at 5:20 am #

Can I just say that I am IN LOVE with your home?!?!?!??!?!?

2. Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys October 13, 2010 at 5:28 am #

Leg or no legs, that piece of furniture is a beauty! Only because you've made it so though.

3. Funky Junk Interiors October 13, 2010 at 5:35 am #

Don't you even THINK about moving or touching this piece after this last makeover! WOW!!!! It looks like a million bucks!

Totally blown away here. It's so lovely at the base of your bed. How I wish I had room for a piece like that in my room.

Stunning!

Donna

4. Nong Yang October 13, 2010 at 5:36 am #

Wow, it looks absolutely amazing!! I'll have to keep an eye out for a piece to replicate it for my very own. :)

5. Jenny October 13, 2010 at 8:54 am #

Third time lucky and you have struck gold! It looks fabulous at the base of your bed.

6. URUGUAY LIFE - WHITE LIFE October 13, 2010 at 9:19 am #

What a difference! The new place is perfect and the furniture looks great!

VINTAGE

7. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. October 13, 2010 at 12:45 pm #

Wow, so many possibilities forom one little dresser! Beautiful bedroom!

8. April @ The Painted Cupboard October 13, 2010 at 1:05 pm #

It looks fabulous at the end of your bed!!! Great transformation :) I also LOVE your bedroom!!!! It's GORGEOUS! Can't wait for the tutorial and possibly more pics of the rest of your home???? Your are AMAZING!!!!!!!

9. Kolein October 13, 2010 at 1:39 pm #

I LOVE this SO much! It has inspired me EVEN more to go white with LITERALLY everything in my house!!!

Beautiful!!! I was wondering what happened to the other drawer. So I went back and read that you sawed it off!! Brilliant creative mind!!!

~Kolein

10. Tru@TRU TALES FEATS October 13, 2010 at 2:30 pm #

It looked good as a table, but I like it so much better as a bench. Great work!

11. Lindsay October 13, 2010 at 2:40 pm #

LOOOOOVE it! seriously I love the way you turn any old thing into totally other things that are usefull and beautiful. I've been looking for somethng to put at the end of my bed.. Looks like I need to find a dresser and bust out my saws all. Great job!

12. Orange it Lovely October 13, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

oh I loved them both, but it looks wonderful at the end of your gorgeous bed!!
    Great job!!!
    ~Tana

13. Lacy Key October 13, 2010 at 4:38 pm #

I am in awwwww!

14. Beth M October 13, 2010 at 5:17 pm #

Wow, love that piece. What a perfect fit for the room.

15. Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage October 13, 2010 at 6:43 pm #

This is brilliant!! Beautiful too! I've been looking for a bench to put at the end of our Cal. King size bed and they are always too small. Now I know to also keep my eye out for the right dresser. :)

16. Kim October 13, 2010 at 7:56 pm #

Oh, I love the new bench transformation!

17. Heather October 13, 2010 at 7:59 pm #

Absolutely beautiful!! I can't believe you live in a house so pretty! =)

18. Angela October 13, 2010 at 8:32 pm #

Gorgeous! Your whole home looks gorgeous to me though! I am inspired by all your work!

19. GRITS October 13, 2010 at 10:55 pm #

I L-O-V-E this as a bench! It's got me thinking about trying to make one.

20. Olivia @ Swan White Curtain October 14, 2010 at 12:45 am #

That spot at the end of the bed is perfect for that bench!

21. Diane at Perfectly Imperfect Life October 14, 2010 at 12:49 am #

I like it even better at the end of your bed! And your bedroom is so pretty!

Mine is in need of some love and I'm collecting ideas. I've saved yours to my idea folder.

22. prairiewhisper October 14, 2010 at 1:09 am #

I love it the best as a bench! I would keep it too at the end of the bed.

Heidi

23. Andrea | HomageStyle.com October 14, 2010 at 2:23 am #

Wow! I think the bench is best of all! I'd keep it at the end of the bed!

24. Anonymous October 14, 2010 at 11:29 pm #

I think it has finally arrived……it's perfect where it is.

25. Stacey October 16, 2010 at 12:21 pm #

this is my favourite BY FAR!!! I love this at the end of your bed! Your amazing : ) Have a great weekend. Stacey

26. Cozy.Cottage.Cute. October 16, 2010 at 2:16 pm #

Wow, you are very, very talented!

27. shannon i olson October 17, 2010 at 12:53 am #

amazing…I really like the use of the curtain rod with wreath in the second use too.

28. Vicki ~ FL October 19, 2010 at 12:49 pm #

Love the remake at the end of your bed! You're very talented to say the least.

29. Anonymous June 9, 2011 at 7:52 pm #

Hi!! I absolutely LOVE What You Do!!! And I have a tall dresser similar to the one that You performed surgery on, and would like to do that to mine!! I want to make it a night stand and paint it either white or black. I have one question though,after the dresser has been cut in two, with center removed, how do I attach the bottom piece to the top? Is it pretty simple? What Hardware would you suggest?
    I love your site sooo much! haha! I'm losing sleep just thinking about all of the projects I can create! Thank You so much for sharing your creative Gift with all of us!!

Juli vvtruck@att.net

30. Nancy August 3, 2011 at 3:05 am #

You're so creative and so talented. I have spent almost an hour perusing your furniture posts. Inspiration and beauty! Had to sign up to follow!

Hope you'll visit me sometime,

Nancy