{i have lost it….i got nothin!}

Have you guys ever lost ALL motivation?!  Well, i am there – i have ZERO motivation….nothing…zip…zilch…nadda…

I have hardly even looked at any blogs in the last 2 weeks – something i normally do daily.  I am just not in the mood for it – its a little sad really.  Normally when i think about the projects that i want to do in my house i get so EXCITED – my heart beats faster and i think about it all the time.  At this time i have some projects in the works – but nothing is getting me going.

My husband left out of state for work about 3 weeks ago and will be home in another 3 weeks – i HAD big plans…big big plans…but now i am just not feelin it.  I really need to get motivated because i promised him that i would have a few things done before he came home.  Usually this is when i bang out the projects and get a bunch done, this time i am just lazy.  And i tell you, lazy is hard – its so tiring!!!

I don’t know if i am just burned out or what – i got a lot done this last year while my husband was in Iraq and i think i am just ready for normalcy again…get back to our routines, get back to having someone to cook dinner if i don’t want too, someone taking their half of the chores back, driving the kids around, paying the bills (worst chore EVER!!) – all that fun, normal everyday stuff!!!  I think i am just exhausted – i need a vacation…hint, hint if you are reading this :)

Anyways, my inbox is packed – if you are waiting for a reply i will get to it soon!  And i have so many projects that i want to share so i am not going anywhere, i just wanted to let you all know that i didn’t disappear and i will be back posting soon!!

20 Responses to {i have lost it….i got nothin!}

1. Lawson Family July 19, 2010 at 4:15 am #

Thanks for being honest! We all have felt that from time to time and it's nice to know big crafty blogs like this feel that too!

We'll be paitently waiting! :0)

2. House of Smith's July 19, 2010 at 4:20 am #

Don't be so hard on yourself!
    We all go through spurts like these!
    You'll get out of your funk soon. I promise :)
    With girls like us, it can only last SO long before we have to get our hands on something and paint it white. :)
    LOL jk.

Besides the lack of motivation, I hope that you're having a great summer! :)

Shelley
    houseofsmiths.blogspot.com

3. Allison July 19, 2010 at 4:21 am #

I totally know the feeling! When my husband deployed to Haiti in January I had big plans and barely did anything the whole time he was gone!

Don't worry- it will all come back to you soon enough! Maybe you just needed a little break!

4. ~ Regan July 19, 2010 at 4:35 am #

We've all been there! ;)

I just got back from my 'break'- I feel like I'm back on a roll, but it was nice to not worry so much about blogging!

5. michelle@somedaycrafts July 19, 2010 at 7:40 am #

You are amazing! You deserve a break and NORMALCY! You (and your family) sacrifice so much with your husband in the military! Relax and enjoy being lazy for a few days/weeks!

6. Emily @ Finding My Aloha July 19, 2010 at 9:02 am #

I totally get this! And I think we need those times when the guys are gone to be lazy. Sometimes thats what we need to get through it. Don't feel bad! You will feel better and all that creative spark will return, meanwhile take it easy and focus on you! :)

7. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper July 19, 2010 at 12:03 pm #

it's just your mind's way of telling you you need a break. so just sit back, relax, and enjoy it and don't stress about it. eat some fresh food, sit outside and get some fresh air, and just be. the blog world will be here when you are ready to get back to it.

8. Melissa July 19, 2010 at 2:14 pm #

My husband travels a lot for work and it seems I always have a list to do while he is gone. They usually don't get done. I feel lazy while he is away and have decided it ok. It's a great time to just hang. While you have to do all the normal stuff yourself, there isn't much time left!
    It's been fun watching all your projects and I will be ready to see more when you are ready!

9. Shaunna July 19, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

You know what? Creativity and projects around the house are simply a tiny little part of what makes up your life, your home. Maybe this is a time to spend closest to those you love…and like previously stated, it will be there! Don't feel like you're the only one out there…I've decided I'm not taking any clients in August because I need some focused time with my kiddos. :) Added your button to my friends and inspiration tab today…been meaning to do it forever!

10. Katie July 19, 2010 at 2:31 pm #

Good Morning…

I just found your blog today!!! Very very cute!!!
    We have all felt like you do at one time or another. It will pass and your will be your old self again…

XoXo

11. Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around July 19, 2010 at 3:56 pm #

first of all – do not feel like you need to reply to this at all :) second of all – you NEED a break… anytime the responsibility for running a house, caring for kids, paying bills, etc… falls on one person (especially for an extended time) it is EXHAUSTING and motivation is hard to find. i can't believe how motivated you were over the past year while your husband was in iraq. enjoy a little "laziness" (if you can call it that – when you are clearly still working very hard at caring for kids and a household!) and i am sure your "blogging funk" will be over when you are feeling a little more yourself and your motivation comes back!!! hope you get to take a vacation!!!

12. Bette July 19, 2010 at 4:20 pm #

I've been there… only posting once a month "cause i probably should". It will come back and then you will get some lovelies done. Take whatever time you need.

13. Carrie July 19, 2010 at 4:41 pm #

I feel that way all the time too. I have a couple completely motivated days and then several totally unproductive ones that follow…I think we must just drain the creative juices you know? I love your blog!

14. bullie_mama July 19, 2010 at 6:34 pm #

Tell me about it! Here I am, all the time in the world available to me to have my house in order, get all my projects done, get all my gardening done, etc. etc…. But the past couple weeks I have been downright LAZY! No motivation, tired, not wanting to do anything…. blah.
    So don't feel bad, we all get like that from time to time. When you find the magical potion that snaps you out of your doldrums, let me know what it is and I'll get my lazy bum going again too! Luv ya sista!

15. Suzanne July 20, 2010 at 2:46 am #

It's no wonder they call these days the "dog days of summer." Seriously, I'm feeling it too. Little motivation and less time. I don't think there's a person out there who wouldn't understand! ;o)

16. Diane at Perfectly Imperfect Life July 20, 2010 at 3:43 am #

I can completely relate! I just went through the same thing myself. Didn't even want to touch the computer for at least two weeks.

I'm still not sure if I'm completely over it, but I'm slowly getting back to these blogs.

So, give yourself some time. Don't fight it too much. You'll probably find that your motivation will gradually return soon.

17. Sandra {sawdust and paper scraps} July 20, 2010 at 5:56 pm #

I feel ya girl! I've been so unmotivated too lately. I didn't cook dinner once last week. Hope you get you mojo back soon because we love all your projects.

18. luvmy5boyscora July 24, 2010 at 3:14 pm #

Listen to your body and take a break. You will be glad you did and come back stronger. Everyone needs to slow down once in awhile-especially when you have had so much on your plate. I am truly amazed at everything you get done and will be p.a.t.i.e.n.t.l.y waiting to see more of your ideas. :) But for now, enjoy your kiddos and sunshine.

19. Momma to Bug n' Bear August 4, 2010 at 10:27 pm #

Maybe it has something to do with the time of the year that it is because the same thing has happened to me…no joke. This is the first time in over 2 years that I have had no desire to blog in over 2 weeks. Hmmm…let me know if you figure it out!

-Desiree

20. Lisa August 8, 2010 at 3:46 am #

Your not alone. It happens to all of us. My husband has been gone for 3 weeks this time around and tonight I skipped dinner and the kids had oatmeal. It's been like this for most of the time he's been gone. We're human, we get tired, it happens. You'll get your oomph back and when you do I know whatever you create will be fabulous!