{randomness}

My sis-in-law told me a couple days ago about these cute little white ceramic cookie jars @ Costco.  White and ceramic??  I must go and check them out.  Glad i did because they were super cute, and super cheap.  All 3 for $25.

Did i need them?…no…did i want them?…yes…did i buy them?…of course :)

I had no idea what to do with them, but then i had a “moment” at work and thought that they could be super cute as new utensil holders.  Should i admit that i am not always thinking of work when i am @ work – shhhhh, don’t tell ;)

Jars…

jars 005

Old holder…which i still love, i love the texture/naturalness of it

jars 003

Now…all lined up?

jars 010

Nah…i like it better a little messed up :)

jars 008

What do you think?  The old one or the new ones?  I like both

27 Responses to {randomness}

1. Amber May 13, 2010 at 3:45 am #

I like them both, but I really like the new cannisters grouped together in "messed up" grouping. :)

2. Funky Junk Interiors May 13, 2010 at 3:56 am #

I vote for the white messed up. :) Adorable!

Donna

3. Katie May 13, 2010 at 4:34 am #

The white ones are beautiful!! I really need to get a Costco card … :)

4. Looking Glass Jewels May 13, 2010 at 5:28 am #

I like the white! I love the way they "pop" against the backsplash!

~Amanda @Looking Glass Jewels

5. Miranda May 13, 2010 at 5:53 am #

The new ones all messed up. They look great!! I love Costco :)

6. Ali@Honey and Maple Syrup May 13, 2010 at 6:20 am #

I like the new. Super cute!

7. April Francom May 13, 2010 at 6:49 am #

Love your kitchen pics….do you have more??? Especially of your backsplash??? Thanks

8. House of Smith's May 13, 2010 at 7:19 am #

SO fun! I love the tin backsplash!
    Shelley

9. Crystal May 13, 2010 at 10:36 am #

I'm liking the new!!

10. My2Gs May 13, 2010 at 11:02 am #

I know this post is about the jars….but I'm totally looking at your faux tin backsplash. I have been wanting to do that in my kitchen for sooo long :)

11. Terrie May 13, 2010 at 11:49 am #

Love the white messed up – nice change.
    I too am admiring your backsplash. Did you do that? Beautiful kitchen.

I think I need a utensil holder now!

12. Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys May 13, 2010 at 1:33 pm #

First of all, pretty backsplash! Do you have any more kitchen pics that you can post?
    Second, good for you for loving them and buying them! Check out this post to see what I'm talking about. http://3sunkissedboys.blogspot.com/2010/04/one-that-got-away-i-had-been-eyeing.html

13. Kim May 13, 2010 at 1:45 pm #

Oh, I like both, too. Maybe change them in and out for the seasons?

14. Kelli @ RTSM May 13, 2010 at 2:19 pm #

I really like the new ones! And I love your backsplash. Are those ceiling tiles?

15. ~ Regan May 13, 2010 at 3:23 pm #

I like the white ones best! And 'messy' too! ;)

16. Momma to Bug n' Bear May 13, 2010 at 6:28 pm #

Definitely the new ones b/c you can organize the utensils better. Can you use the basket elsewhere in your kitchen? Maybe on top of the fridge or kitchen table?
    -Desiree

17. Tricia May 13, 2010 at 6:32 pm #

I luv your backsplash too & have been wanting to do those tiles in my kitchen! I like the messed up look of the canisters but I thought for sure they would be distressed…since your so good at it & all.. =)

18. cphiii510 May 13, 2010 at 7:35 pm #

I like the white canisters but I think they still look like canisters with all 3 of them. Maybe just 2 of them would look better – one for wood utensils and one for everything else. I really like the old utensil holder too, should you decide to go back to that one.

19. Krissy May 13, 2010 at 8:45 pm #

I LOVE THESE!! I wish I had a Costco nearby – I've been wanting some white pieces like this! I like the new ones best – all messed up. And I'm with the others who want to see MORE pics of the kitchen!!

20. The Other Me (is sane) May 14, 2010 at 6:02 pm #

new ones are perfect, in a bunch – not lined up. Love your blog. Am trying to get up nerve to frame my mirrors per your tutorial. Thank you for your wonderful blog.

21. Crystal May 15, 2010 at 4:00 am #

I have been thinking about painting my kitchen cabinets white, but wonder how it would look with my countertops. Turns out you have the same exact granite! Can you pretty please post more pics of your kitchen? I'd love to get the whole view!

22. the VG huis May 16, 2010 at 5:38 pm #

Hi Sausha, those canisters rock. I like how you've displayed them, but I love the detail on the lids too. I may just need to take a trip to Costco. : )

Stacey

23. Shannon May 16, 2010 at 11:49 pm #

Love them!! I got a similar canister set at goodwill for $4! But mine aren't quite as fancy.

24. Necel from the Old House in Texas May 22, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

In this case, I think it should be… In with the old, in with the new. Like them both.

25. Kerri May 24, 2010 at 7:21 pm #

I think the new messed up look is the "winner!" I need to get a Costco card too!

26. Pamela May 27, 2010 at 3:10 am #

The new ones of course but messed up! I saw those the other weekend at Costco too! I sadly left them behind. I may need to run back over there for um! Too darling!

27. Nicki December 29, 2010 at 4:35 pm #

Hi, I was wondering where you got the old basket canister? I love the size and look of it!