{mirror questions}

I am sporadic on my postings – I am sorry :)  Its not that i am not busy – it just hasn’t been the fun stuff that you guys all want to see, unless you want to see scrubbing cabinet doors, mopboards and organizing drawers?  I have started on a couple of small projects though – that hopefully i can show you in the next couple of days.

Until then, i have had quite a few questions on one part of my mirror molding that i just posted about.  People are asking about how the side of  the mirror looks.  Whether i overlapped my molding to cover the edge of the mirror – or how i dealt with that.

All i did was line up my molding even with the mirror – then painted the edge of the molding black  to match the mirror.  So now when you look at it from the side it just looks like its all part of the frame.  Make sense?!?!

I normally HATE taping but for this i had to

monthly42810 087

monthly42810 088

Hope that helps :)

19 Responses to {mirror questions}

1. Candice May 10, 2010 at 3:56 am #

ooooooo…thank you! That was a question that I had! Answered!!

2. Busy as a Bee in Paris May 10, 2010 at 8:20 am #

genius! that answered my question!

3. Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 1:53 pm #

I was curious if you are able to still remove the mirror? My bathroom has just a plain jane mirror, but has those clips at the top and bottom that hold it on to the wall. I hope that makes sense. I was wandering how your mirror is hung?

4. ~Melissa~ May 10, 2010 at 2:39 pm #

So glad you posted this! I have my molding cut and sitting outside ready to paint. I wouldn't have even thought to ask about the mirror edge.

5. Erin May 12, 2010 at 10:43 pm #

I love the framed mirrors below! Beautiful!

6. Katie May 13, 2010 at 2:15 pm #

I've always wondered how that worked!! Thanks for sharing — I'm about to do a bathroom mirror myself, and hope it turns out as beautiful as yours!

7. Misty Morgan Photography May 18, 2010 at 6:29 pm #

My mirrors have the framed mirror look around the edges. I'm worried about trying to remove it and it breaking everywhere. Any thoughts about an easier way? I was thinking I would just put the wood on top of it but I think it will make it too thick.

8. Deena December 29, 2010 at 3:13 am #

Oh my goodness, you're a genius! I have been trying to solve that issue forever, thanks.

9. Emily March 12, 2011 at 3:21 am #

i was wondering how you have your mirror hung because mine also has the plastic clip things holding it in place

10. love bug momma November 16, 2011 at 8:48 pm #

thank you! :>

11. Mommy2E2 January 8, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

I was curious, in your half bath you said you just used MDF. I want to make that frame in my guest bathroom. However, I am concerned how the MDF will hold up with the moisture? Thanks for the great ideas!

12. jennifer taylor February 20, 2012 at 9:39 pm #

Absolutely beautiful! Better than others I have seen. Would love to know the dimensions and details of how to recreate this master piece. I have no carpentry experience (working with a drill is a challenge) and really no one to help with it, so sorry but I need detail instructions if you don’t mind. Thank You So Much! Jen

13. B J February 24, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

I don’t see that anyone answered how you deal with the little clips holding the mirror on the wall and putting the frame on the mirror with these clips in place. Suggestions?

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} February 28, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

just take off the clips, glue the mirror to the wall and then your ready to frame – no more clips!!

14. Ang March 6, 2012 at 12:24 am #

I love the new layout of your website!!! I came across your website back in September and loved your framed mirror project! Well 6 months later I have three bathrooms on my main floor with framed mirrors finally!!! It was just finding the time to get them done! Thank you for your step by step techniques! It seriously was so easy and adds so much to the bathrooms. It was way cheaper to make them then my custom ones I had someone do a few years back in my basement! Thank you!!!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} March 19, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

glad i could help and the tutorials came in handy!!

15. Pat March 17, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

Hi..I am new here and have a question. I love the bathroom mirror framed but do you have to take it down and glue to the wall first? And where did you find a frame that wide? I think it looks fabulous!! Thanks!

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} March 18, 2012 at 4:37 pm #

my mirror was already glued to the wall, and the frame is one that i made, there is a tutorial on my blog for that!!