{reader highlight}

A couple of weeks ago Lisa emailed me some questions about some tips on framing mirrors.  Well, she got hers all done and sent me the before’s and afters.  Lisa doesn’t have a blog so i will show them off for her here!

(the pics were emailed so getting them to resize wasn’t happening for me, i know nothing about computers, so they are a little fuzzy? – sorry about that)

mail

mail4

And then she busted out another one!

mail1

mail3

I love what a little molding can do – so much better!  I love how the mirrors look defined instead of just floating away!   Thanks Lisa for letting me post these :)

And, i just finished my last mirror so i will have the tutorial up in just a couple of days – for sure!!!

10 Responses to {reader highlight}

1. June April 28, 2010 at 12:42 pm #

I have those builder grade mirrors and I have went back and forth on taking it down and putting a regular framed mirror up or trying to frame it myself. I can't wait for your tutorial so I can do this in the future (too many projects going on right now!) for both of my mirrors. Yours and Lisa's look GREAT!

2. Claudia April 28, 2010 at 2:00 pm #

Can't wait for the tutorial!! I'm so going to do this to all of my bathrooms! Yeah!

3. Lacy Key April 28, 2010 at 2:38 pm #

Cant wait for the tutorial I have 3 mirrors in need of a make over!!!

4. April April 28, 2010 at 9:56 pm #

Framing those mirrors makes such a huge difference! I have three that I need to do so I am patiently (checking your blog several times a day) waiting for your tutorial ;-)

5. Lisa April 28, 2010 at 10:07 pm #

Thanks for posting my pics, and thanks for all your help and tips! Can't wait for your tutorial!

Lisa

6. Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around April 29, 2010 at 3:01 am #

can't wait for the mirror tutorial! i actually was so inspired by the pics you have posted that i went to home depot and bought a saw (to make 45 degree angle cuts) and mdf crown molding… now i just have to paint the mdf and see on your tutorial exactly how you "glued" them to the mirrors!!! can't wait
    also – will you have a tutorial ever about how you recovered the lampshade… it might be very easy/obvious but i have NO clue what kind of adhesive to use or exactly how to go about it… but i love how your lampshade turned out!!!
    Laura (lgreives22@yahoo.com)

7. Katie April 29, 2010 at 4:23 am #

I sooo need to do this myself — my mirrors drive me crazy!

8. The Boston Lady April 30, 2010 at 9:07 pm #

Hi! And thanks for stopping by my somewhat frenetic blog and commenting. I appreciate knowing about that special pillow and I am looking forward to the mirror tutorial since I would love to do something like that in both my bathrooms.

9. Holly May 1, 2010 at 3:37 pm #

I'm so excited for the mirror tutorial too. We just bought a home that we will be remodeling next month. It is very plain! Thank you.

10. Maria May 4, 2010 at 12:44 am #

Great job Lisa!
    We just moved into another home and I am anxiously waiting for the tutorial so I can dress up our bathroom mirrors!