{another framed builder mirror + a book wreath}

Recently i decided to change up my 1/2 bathroom just a little.  I had a cute old 4 pane window above the toilet that i put different fabric in each of the panes, but since i repainted the bathroom a while ago it just wasn’t working.  And i totally could of just changed out the fabric but i was ready for a change, and plus i wanted to make a book wreath (like everyone else, i know) and this was a good spot to put it!

Before..(the walls are not this color at all, they are a light “mocha” color – don’t know what happened with this pic?)

laundryroom 011

Then i made a book wreath – sorry no pictures of the “making” of said wreath – but just google it and they are everywhere :)

laundryroom 022

I really like the wreath but it needs something, i think maybe it needs to look like its hanging from something – the “fake hang” – i don’t know, but i’m crafty like that so i will figure it out :) and as soon as i do i will post a pic – for sure.  In real life it really doesn’t look there is a mile between the mirror and the toilet – just so ya know :)

laundryroom 024

laundryroom 023

The wreath is super fun and SUPER HUGE (you think i like the word super?!)  I used a 14 in styrofoam wreath form and then just a standard size book, so by the time i got all the pages on it was HUGE – seriously.  But i love it…the only thing i did different than a lot of the tutorials is that i fanned the pages and then used a teeny little pin to stick the pages to the wreath, along with hot glue (the hot glue was taking to long to dry and i am impatient).

laundryroom 010

laundryroom 033

Across from the toilet is the sink/vanity – and yes you can look at yourself in the mirror, fix your hair, whatever it is that you may want to do all while your doing your thing :)

This was also another standard builder mirror that i framed up (you can see the last one here).  I didn’t take a before pic – sorry.

laundryroom 036

I went with a really simple frame, just 4 pieces of MDF and then a little piece of crown to finish it off.  I sanded all the edges before gluing it to the builder mirror.

laundryroom 037

When i re-did this bathroom i put up bead board panels about 3/4 of the way up the walls and painted them with a semi gloss white.

laundryroom 018

laundryroom 020

And for the little kiddies that like to check themselves out in the mirror, i found this $2 stool @ the DI and painted it white, sanded it and stamped it with some leftover paint from my room – very cute

laundryroom 021

So, that’s another room in my house, still a couple of things that i need to do, and i still don’t like the paint color but that’s another project for another day :)

****if you havent seen my other framed builder mirror you can check it out here, its bigger, chunkier and has more molding****

45 Responses to {another framed builder mirror + a book wreath}

1. Catherine peacelovesweater@blogspot.com April 6, 2010 at 4:46 am #

I love the frame. What a transformation! Absolutely love it.

2. Jill April 6, 2010 at 4:54 am #

Okay, you need to hang the wreath from a chippy old ladder. It would look fabulous! Love everything! Good job :)

3. becca April 6, 2010 at 4:59 am #

LOVE that wreath and the old frame with fabric. what a gorgeous half bath! i will probably have to make a wreath like that. just what i need, another project on the list. :)

4. Kristine at The Painted Hive April 6, 2010 at 6:20 am #

I love the look of your mirror. It's got a real farmhouse edge. Lovely.

5. Ali@Honey and Maple Syrup April 6, 2010 at 6:34 am #

I love the look of your wreath! The fanned pages are def different from all the ones I have seen. I think it would look great hung with thick ribbon from an antique doorknob type thing. But I even like how it is now. Cute bathroom!

6. Ruth H. April 6, 2010 at 12:34 pm #

I like it all! Especially the mirror. Framing those things is new to me. I'm going to check out your other one, right now. Thanks for sharing!

7. Kim April 6, 2010 at 1:11 pm #

The bathroom looks great – I really like your "take" on the book wreath, nice job.

8. Kimmy @ my beautifully blessed life April 6, 2010 at 2:27 pm #

Wow, everything is so beautiful!! I love how you framed out the mirror. Definitely a gorgeous bathroom!

9. Kelli @ RTSM April 6, 2010 at 2:47 pm #

I love the wreath. I think a big satin bow would make a great hanger for it! And the frame around the mirror is awesome too.

10. Vanessa April 6, 2010 at 4:24 pm #

I love the way you have trimmed out your mirrors! I'm chomping at the bit to do something similar in my house. I have used fluted molding and rosette blocks on mirrors in a previous house, but I like the look you've created much better!! Thanks for the inspiration!

11. Laurel @ Ducks in a Row April 6, 2010 at 4:41 pm #

Once again, you amaze me! I love the chunky mirror frames. They look awesome.

12. pam April 6, 2010 at 7:58 pm #

Okay you can come do mine now.

13. Jennifer April 6, 2010 at 10:01 pm #

OMG! Loving the mirror frame! I am currently working on a coffee filter wreath and i think I may do a book page wreath next! When is the tute coming for the bathroom mirrors…I'm dying here!!

14. glor April 6, 2010 at 11:06 pm #

WOW, WOW AND WOW … love the wreath. Great job!

15. Patty April 6, 2010 at 11:43 pm #

Ooh wow I love that wreathe! What a great way to use old books ;)

16. motherof3fellas April 6, 2010 at 11:56 pm #

I LOVE it….All of it. What is the DI? I'm wondering if I have one!

17. april francom April 7, 2010 at 1:32 am #

Another BEAUTIFUL room!!! Great job!!!

18. Kim@Simply Domestic April 7, 2010 at 4:43 am #

Love the old frame with fabric!!! Beautiful!

19. farmhouse mama April 7, 2010 at 1:35 pm #

I LOVE your style! I wish we were neighbors so you could come over and tell me what to do with my UGLY bathroom. I'd give you free reign… with a budget, of course.

Great job, again!

20. {All Thingz Related} April 7, 2010 at 5:40 pm #

LOVING the frame!!!!
    ~Bridgette

21. FrouFrouBritches April 7, 2010 at 5:54 pm #

STUNNING! Absolutely stunning!

22. Jessica Hills April 7, 2010 at 7:44 pm #

I saved all of these pictures in my "To Make" file! SO cute!

23. Shel at Dreamy Nest April 7, 2010 at 9:11 pm #

I love the frame and I'm going to be ripping off – *cough* – borrowing your mirror framing ideas very soon. I love the book wreath – looks awesome!

24. Donna April 7, 2010 at 10:58 pm #

could you tell me the name of the mocha color? Thanks, love your bath.

25. Hogans Hotties April 8, 2010 at 1:59 am #

very very very cute, i can't wait to try out the mirror frame, i hope i can figure it out, i've been wanting to do it forever but i just don't know how to hook it to the mirror, yours is seriously the best i've ever seen, LOVE iT!!!!
    alywydesigns.blogspot.com

26. Popcorn Served Daily April 8, 2010 at 5:13 pm #

I have many bathroom mirrors just begging for something like this, they told me so. Don't worry, if I make my mirrors happy like yours, you'll be the first to know.

I am so signing myself up as your follower.

27. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper April 8, 2010 at 7:57 pm #

hi there! i love your blog, too- thanks for stopping by mine! i LOVE the wreath, but i also love the window you had up as well! your bathroom is beautiful and i do think the new wreath complements it more. great job! about to add to follow as soon as i am done this comment! :)

28. Room to Inspire April 8, 2010 at 8:33 pm #

Ha, and I was checking this one out at well! I just love that frame around the mirror – it is such a great project for an instant transformation. So glad you linked this up to Be Inspired this week.

Chelsea

29. Rachel April 8, 2010 at 11:57 pm #

I'm so loving your blog!!!
    We are in the middle of our bathroom redo. I think it's been redone 3 other times. Hopefully this one will be "it" for a while.
    We had our mirror framed out like yours but I wanted a bigger mirror, so here we are starting all over…

:)Rachel

30. Elizabeth April 9, 2010 at 2:41 am #

I'll start off by agreeing with everyone else, and saying I love it all! I just found your blog the other day, and I really like it.

We're in the process of looking for a house, and I already had in my mind that I wanted to frame out the bathroom mirrors, but both of yours go above and beyond what was in my mind! Really, thanks for sharing, it sounds like your ideas are going to make a lot of bathrooms a lot more beautiful!

Also, I thought the idea of a book wreath in the bathroom was great (haha…) I told my husband about it because I thought he of all people would think a book wreath in a bathroom would be fun (um, let's just say he does a lot of reading in there…) but he's not that into decorating, so he wasn't as excited about it as I was. And just for the record, I love your version the best, I think, out of all the book wreaths I've seen. :)

31. Chris April 9, 2010 at 3:33 pm #

I love every detail of this room! Gorgeous!

32. Jamie April 10, 2010 at 4:08 am #

The wreath looks great! And the framed mirror is gorgeous!

33. tales from an oc cottage April 10, 2010 at 6:23 am #

How cool!!!! Love you entire bathroom AND your blog header!!

m ^..^

34. Adrienne April 11, 2010 at 12:42 am #

Love the mirror! That chucky frame is amazing! What a dramatic look!

35. Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden April 11, 2010 at 1:02 am #

Your bathroom looks great! I love that mirror frame and your book page wreath is fun!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day!

36. jenjen April 11, 2010 at 6:40 am #

Amazing. Just amazing. Love everything about it! I have been wanting to make one of those wreaths too!

Thanks for linking it up to the party!

XOXO
    Jen

37. Jessica Hills April 14, 2010 at 3:00 am #

Thanks so much for posting this on Favorite Things Friday!

38. * Nancy * April 23, 2010 at 3:20 am #

I am new to your blog and I just LOVE your style! I am definitely going to put your link on my blog!! Looking forward for tutorials on making a chunky frame, the book wreath, and whatever else comes – that I think I can handle…one project at a time!
    YOU'RE ONE AMAZING GAL!

39. Kerri Marie April 27, 2010 at 9:31 pm #

I LOVE this! My boring straight from the builder bothrooms could really use some love like this! What kind of glue did you use?

40. demetgun3 April 29, 2010 at 11:02 am #

a great recycling.
    classy!

41. she wears flowers July 1, 2010 at 7:18 pm #

Oh, that mirror is SO gorgeous! Thanks!

42. Dio Home Improvements November 13, 2010 at 4:49 pm #

You did such a beautiful job on the whole room! I had to try my hand at making one of those wreaths, it came out great!

43. Sabrina March 6, 2011 at 10:28 pm #

Love, love, love it!! I am in the middle of re-doing my kids bathroom and am really wanting to do this to the mirror. What width is the mdf around your mirror? I wonder what dimensions to use because I don't want it to overpower the bathroom. Also, what width of moulding did you use? I was overwhelmed when looking today, so I figured I'd find out from you– the expert!
    Thanks!! Such an inspiration:-

44. Donna June 3, 2012 at 4:04 pm #

I absolutely love your mirrors and want to copy the ideas. You are very talented. Thishalf bath mirror is darling:)

45. Donna June 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm #

I absolutely love your mirrors and want to copy the ideas. You are very talented. This half bath mirror is darling:)