Spring tissue paper wreath

I wanted to make a fun, easy and springy wreath for the front door.  I was inspired by other tissue paper projects that i have seen and decided to give it a try.  It turned out so very cute, it is so big and fluffy and definitely looks fresh and springish…now i want one for every room in the house, its that cute :)

kidsbathroom 016

kidsbathroom 006

You will need a wreath form (i used a wire one), some tissue  paper, thin wire and hot glue

mirror and tissue wreath 034

Take the tissue paper and cut down to size, i cut them out to the size of an envelope and used that as my template – then i layered about 10 sheets on top of each other for each “flower”

mirror and tissue wreath 038

Fold each stack accordion style

mirror and tissue wreath 039

Then with scissors round off both ends and cut a slit from both sides right in the middle

mirror and tissue wreath 040

Next, take thin wire (maybe about 2 inches long) and wrap it around the middle of where you cut the slits and tighten on the back

mirror and tissue wreath 041

Then start separating  all the sheets and fanning them out

mirror and tissue wreath 043

Last i took all the “flowers” that i made and tied them on to the wire form

wreath-3-11-2010 002

They did slip around, so i hot glued a little dab on each tie to secure them

wreath-3-11-2010 001

Last thing to do is fluff up the whole wreath so you don’t have any thin spots and wa-la, so cute – I LUV this wreath.  This would be so cute in some pastel colors or for a little girls room…

wreath-3-11-2010 010

I am linking this up to:

Funky Junk Interiors

Fingerprints on the Fridge

Tater tots and Jello

Between Naps on the Porch – Metamorphosis Monday

The Girl Creative

Also I am participating in New Friend Friday @ The Girl Creative

The Girl Creative

39 Responses to Spring tissue paper wreath

1. Room to Inspire March 13, 2010 at 10:26 pm #

It turned out great – I think I am going to have to make one of these for sure. And it would be super cute in my daughters room as well!

Chelsea

2. One Cheap B*tch March 14, 2010 at 2:16 am #

I just can't believe you made that out of tissue paper! What a great project! If I weren't such a klutz, I would totally try this but tissue paper and me don't mix well (can you hear it ripping in the background? LOL!)

New follower!

3. Sandra March 14, 2010 at 5:54 am #

Very pretty and simple wreath…since there are so many fun tissue paper patterns the possibilities are endless…great project. Come say hi.

4. Kelli @ RTSM March 14, 2010 at 11:45 pm #

SUPER cute! I love how fluffy it is and that it is made out of just tissue paper:)

5. Heather L. March 15, 2010 at 12:58 am #

Very cute – I love it!!! Great job!

6. Prior March 15, 2010 at 3:55 am #

NICE Wreath! Thanks for showing us how. Love the white,but this could really be used to match any theme!

7. Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something March 15, 2010 at 7:50 pm #

delicious!… so glad that I stumbled in! I am visiting by way of New Friend Friday at TGC and became a follower. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week! until later…

8. Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage March 15, 2010 at 9:12 pm #

Wow awesome job!!! Oh so poofy!

9. Patti March 15, 2010 at 9:32 pm #

Cute wreath..it looks lovely on your dark door!

10. MessyMissy March 16, 2010 at 3:34 am #

I love that!!!! I'll be making one for my daughter tomorrow!!!!

11. Amy Kinser March 16, 2010 at 5:34 am #

Very neat wreath. It looks great on that beautiful front door.

Enjoyed partying with you tonight at Kimba's.

12. Stephanie Lynn March 16, 2010 at 7:15 am #

This looks fabulous on your door! Simply stunning!

13. Orange it Lovely March 16, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

That is adorable!!! Love it!
    ~Tana

14. becca March 16, 2010 at 3:50 pm #

fantastic idea! i will be stealing this as soon as i get some craft time. thanks for sharing!

15. Heather@ My Frugal Family March 16, 2010 at 7:56 pm #

My mom has been bugging me to make a wreath for her bathroom, and this might just do the trick!

Please feel free to link your project up with my Talented Tuesday Link party on My Frugal Family, found at http://theherberfamily.blogspot.com/2010/03/welcome-to-talented-tuesday.html!

Hope to see you there!

16. Es March 17, 2010 at 2:57 am #

Very cute and the possibilities with colors for this one are endless!

17. Laura March 17, 2010 at 5:12 am #

This is so great. I agree with Es, there are lots of possibilities!

Feel free to stop by my blog and enter my necklace giveaway!

18. Bobbie March 17, 2010 at 5:11 pm #

that is such a cute idea! I would love for you to link up to check me out saturdays http://www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

19. Sonia March 18, 2010 at 9:23 am #

The wreath looks very springy and lovely indeed! Love it!

20. cottage and vine March 18, 2010 at 1:40 pm #

Oh I love it and I suppose any color or pattern would work.

21. Carey March 19, 2010 at 3:13 am #

Way cute! When I was a kid I helped make a parade float for my Grandma's business with thousands of those little paper flowers! Brings back memories, that's for sure.

22. jenjen March 20, 2010 at 4:42 am #

Your wreath is adorable. So so cute!

Thanks so much for linking up to my party! I really appreciate it!

XOOX
    Jen

23. somedaycrafts March 22, 2010 at 5:45 am #

Ok! That is amazing! It's so light and fluffy and beautiful! I want one!!!

24. somedaycrafts March 22, 2010 at 11:21 pm #

I decided to feature this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. This should drive some traffic your way! Grab my "featured" button.

25. Thelittlebrownhouse.us March 22, 2010 at 11:43 pm #

I really like this – it is one of the best paper wreaths I have seen – good job!

26. Tausha March 23, 2010 at 12:09 am #

this is darling! I wish that I could have one on my door-but unfortunatley-utah weather does not make this great idea. Oh how I covet covered porches!
    BUT-this is a great idea for inside my house!
    Thanks for the great inspiration!! You rock! (as always)

27. MaryJanes and Galoshes March 23, 2010 at 4:19 am #

This is striking, I love it! Looks a lot like a feather wreath I made once. I will have to make this!

28. Stacey Gibbon March 23, 2010 at 5:29 pm #

I did something similar to yours but with a coat hangar! Love yours

gluedtomycrafts.blogspot.com

<3 stacey

29. this blessed nest March 23, 2010 at 8:37 pm #

this is fabulous!

love this idea! i am so going to copy you. i always have the hardest time finding those type of wreath forms – tho. i don't know why – they seem to always sell out around here.

thank you so much for coming to the party & linking up with the spring fling!
    it was a pleasure having you!

happy spring!
    kellie
    p.s. your header is great!!! it totally is making me want to look at more of your blog…love it!

30. Sharlotte March 23, 2010 at 10:08 pm #

Sausha,
    Oh, I love this! It's so fresh and clean…perfect for spring! Thanks for the tutorial, you made it look really easy to do. I think I might use off white for my home! Can't you just see this in pastels for Easter? Too cute! Thanks for sharing.
    Sharlotte

31. Raining Pearls March 24, 2010 at 1:58 am #

This project is adorable and seems like it's pretty easy. Thanks for sharing!

32. fairfieldhouse March 24, 2010 at 2:48 am #

This is beautiful. I have a few of those frames I purchased for pinecone wreaths but were not deep enough. Now, they won't go to waste. Thank you for sharing.
    I am new to your lovely blog via The Blessed Nest and will be returning.

Deborah

33. Linda March 25, 2010 at 2:02 am #

Thanks for coming to my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PAR-TAY…hope you had agood time:) This wreath is so stinkin cute…thanks for sharing it!

Blessings,
    Linda

34. dining table October 18, 2010 at 1:04 am #

I like it so much. Very beautiful. I like that it is white and white alone. So sweet.

35. Anonymous January 18, 2011 at 4:35 pm #

Aloha every body, brilliant chat board I find It exceedingly accessible and it's helped me out so much
    I hope to be able to give something back & support other users like this board has helped me

_________________
    [url=http://iphoneusers.com]iphone forum[/url]

36. tia March 16, 2012 at 3:24 pm #

Loved this wreath gave it a try but it doesn’t look as white as yours! Im wondering if thats just the picture you took it looks a little more muted cause the tissue paper is kinda see through?

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} March 17, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

i made sure when i bought the tissue paper i picked one that was a bright white, there were some papers that were an off white, so i made sure i didnt get those!!

37. tia March 16, 2012 at 3:39 pm #

Also just one more question wondering what size your wreath form was?

• Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} March 17, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

no idea! and its not to a spot where i can get it now, but im guessing probably about a 16 in circle