Playroom reveal – drumroll please…..!!!

Although i still have a few little things i want to do, its 98% DONE

Just to remind you, this is what i started with…

1st set 002

Since then, i painted ALL the walls with chalkboard paint (black).  I was a little worried at first but it all turned out good because the wall color only goes up about 3/4 and then i have molding to break up the space.  Also with the white couch and the bookcase the space is definitely not dark.

playroom 003

playroom 016

playroom 017

The walls were super easy to paint, i did primer the space before with a dark gray primer and then it just took 2 coats of the chalk board paint – i just used a regular roller and it turned out nice and smooth – like a babies butt ;)

playroom 006

do you remember this table?

1st set 010

And these chairs?

1st set 007

And this dresser?

1st set 006

I painted the top of the table blue, bottom half white and then the chairs got a couple coats of red spray paint.  The table is the perfect spot for the kids to keep their snacks or to work on puzzles/drawing/coloring.  Then the dresser got a coat of blue paint and makes the perfect tv console – it hides all the game equipment.  I just took out the top drawer and added a shelf for the DVD and satellite box.  I even kept the original hardware – just spray painted it white.

playroom 011

playroom 008

I built this shelf about a year ago when we finished the playroom (this is in our basement).  The shelves were just built out of MDF.
I built them just the right size to fit the tin buckets for toys.

playroom 014

Well, that’s pretty much it.  All in all it turned out to be a great space for the kids and they are loving writing on the walls.  I even go down there and write times table and their chores!

And can i just tell you, i got that couch off the classified for $75, the entire thing is slip covered and will be so great to just take those babies off and throw them in some bleach.  I LOVE white slipcovers – i seriously want to marry then :)

I still need to sew the pillows, make some chair cushions, and put some vinyl letters on the tin buckets to organize the toys – later.

I totally think this sums it up….!!!

playroom 009

The DIY Show Off

The DIY Show Off

A Soft Place to Land

Pink and Polka Dot – slip cover party

Pink and Polka Dot

Tatertots and Jello – weekend wrap-up party

44 Responses to Playroom reveal – drumroll please…..!!!

1. Fiona March 5, 2010 at 4:47 pm #

Wow, the playroom looks awesome! All of those projects look like a lot of work. The chalkboard walls are my favorite part. Great job!

2. Vanessa March 5, 2010 at 7:21 pm #

I love this room! I've never seen the chalkboard walls before. Great job!

3. Becolorful March 6, 2010 at 8:40 pm #

Love this. I am thinking of doing the chalkboard thing in an area of our house that we call the bottle neck. I love how you didn't take this all the way up. Giving the eye a place to rest. Thanks for sharing

4. julie March 7, 2010 at 1:27 am #

i think your playroom turned out great! i love the table, chairs, and the bookcase you made! great job!

5. inadvertent farmer March 8, 2010 at 7:28 pm #

Great job…LOVE chalkboard paint! Those red chairs rock! Kim

6. Anna March 9, 2010 at 1:49 am #

what a great room! I really love that pedestal table, really everything else about the room too! My kids would love those chalkboard walls.

7. My House of Giggles March 9, 2010 at 4:25 am #

I love what you've done with the playroom!!! Great job! I just painted a chalkboard wall in my kitchen and i'm loving it :) Glad I stumbled into your blog! Feel free to come and visit…myhouseofgiggles.blogspot.com :)

Looking forward to more posts!

Tracey

8. ~*~ saskia ~*~ March 9, 2010 at 12:22 pm #

The chalkboard paint is marvelous. I have a purple chalkboard wall in my kitchen… Love it, especially the kids love it!! Your playroom looks so so cozy! Off to read some of your past posts…
    Have a great day!
    Saskia

9. Crafts and Deals March 9, 2010 at 2:59 pm #

what a CUTE play room!!

10. The Real Me! March 9, 2010 at 10:39 pm #

That is a fabulous play room. I wish we could designate a room for that cause I would so be getting me some chalkboard paint!
    Wonderful job.
    Blessings,
    Kim

11. sweet european dreams March 9, 2010 at 10:53 pm #

Amazing job!!! This motivates me to get SOMETHING (anything!) on my major to-do list done. Oh, and great blog page!

12. Deb March 13, 2010 at 7:49 am #

This room totally rocks, love it! I'm excited to follow and see the rest of your home! Deb

13. Lamp Tramp March 13, 2010 at 1:18 pm #

Your play room rocks and I love your white slipped sofa!

14. Pink and Polka Dot March 13, 2010 at 1:41 pm #

i am in love with your room and i want to marry white slipcovers too! Fantastic job!

15. Brenda March 14, 2010 at 12:48 pm #

I love chalk paint…what fun to have it everywhere in your playroom – great job..would love to hang out there with the kids!!!

16. Brooke March 14, 2010 at 6:57 pm #

I love your room! There is no wrong with chalkboard in my opinion!! Love your furniture makeovers too!

17. Kelli @ RTSM March 14, 2010 at 11:48 pm #

That is such a cute playroom! I bet your kiddos love it! The chalkboard paint is such a great idea! I wonder if I could talk my hubby into painting our playroom like that?!? I love the shelves too!

18. amyg March 15, 2010 at 12:35 am #

I love this room! Thanks for sharing.

19. Jessi March 16, 2010 at 6:55 pm #

What a fantastic room! I wanna play in there!

20. The Chubby Dove March 18, 2010 at 12:52 pm #

That room DOES rock! You go, girl!

We have the same couch, you've got great taste!

21. elise March 18, 2010 at 1:41 pm #

i really love the chalkboard paint and am thinking of using it but was wondering if your kids get chalk everywhere? it seems like it would be really messy…. i have a 3 year old so i'm trying to figure it out before i'm committed! thanks, the whole room looks amazing!!!

22. cottage and vine March 18, 2010 at 1:46 pm #

What a fun room! I love all of the colors that you used. Very nice!

23. Jessica @ This Blessed Life March 18, 2010 at 1:53 pm #

I love the idea of stashing the DVD player in a dresser missing a drawer!

24. Kim@Simply Domestic March 19, 2010 at 12:12 am #

I think the room looks wonderful! Great idea using the dresser with the missing drawer. Fabulous job!! Glad I found your blog!

25. Jessica Hills March 19, 2010 at 2:31 am #

Wow you did an amazing job on that room, and your blog is SO cute! I really love it. Come stop by my Favorite Things Friday Party if you would like to join in!

26. Kim@Simply Domestic March 19, 2010 at 4:09 pm #

What color did you use on the dresser?

27. Amy Hodges March 19, 2010 at 4:32 pm #

It turned out gorgeous, great job. I love that chalk board.

28. alwayslearning March 20, 2010 at 3:03 am #

that room does rock, can I have it?

29. jenjen March 20, 2010 at 4:41 am #

Your playroom is so beautiful. I am so jealous – I love it!

Thanks so much for linking up to my party! I really appreciate it!

XOOX
    Jen

30. Julie Johnson March 20, 2010 at 12:10 pm #

Fantastic job! I'm following you!

31. The Cozy Chateau March 20, 2010 at 5:23 pm #

WOW! You did a wondeful job. Every single detail is perfect. Well done. I am a new follower! I am also relatively new on the blog scene – and have a playroom post as well – feel free to check out that post here http://thecozychateau.blogspot.com/2010/03/sophisticated-playroom-completed.html
    Nicole :)

32. Becca March 20, 2010 at 9:16 pm #

I love this room! I have wanted to do chalkboard walls in my playroom ever since I saw it in pottery barn. Is your floor carpet or something else? And I thought this would be cute for your tins, you could make labels using fridge letter magnets to spell "toys" or whatever. Wouldn't that be cute?

33. Shaunna March 21, 2010 at 10:24 pm #

This is WON-DER-FUL!! We're in the process of renovating our attic and one room will be a playroom–so yours was the first link I clicked (on shabby chic cottage). Love your creativity (and fab styling), so I'm a new follower! I've posted pics of our unfinished playroom on my blog-come give me some tips! -shaunna :)

34. Frugal Home Designs March 24, 2010 at 2:53 pm #

I love everything. Great job.

35. Gina March 24, 2010 at 9:03 pm #

You're brave! I would never be brave enough to have a white sofa in a play room. Not even a white slipcover. And I love white sofas too. :)

36. barbara@hodge:podge March 25, 2010 at 3:43 am #

Wow, I really like this room. The chalkboard paint really makes the room.

I think I might just have to follow you and see what else you have up your sleeve!

37. Shaunna March 27, 2010 at 3:58 am #

Ok, I know I've already commented, but I wanted to tell you that I'm featuring your playroom on my blog tomorrow for my Sat Shout Out–check tomorrow to see! -shaunna :)

38. Tara March 28, 2010 at 2:49 am #

Your playroom is FANTASTIC!!! I would have been afraid to use so much black paint but the chalkboard walls are FABULOUS!!!

39. Shannon Rodriguez April 28, 2010 at 5:02 pm #

Have you thought about using the chalkboard paint to make labels for your tin buckets? I've seen those done on coffee mugs, canisters, everything. Love your blog!

40. Crafty Batches May 7, 2010 at 9:05 pm #

Again, so impressive! Can you please come to my house! :)
    ~Sam

41. sharla@mylittlegems June 5, 2010 at 9:31 pm #

I'm dying over this cute playroom and I absolutely love it!! And I also love love your laundry room! We just got a new W/D and were wondering how in the world we would ever store the laundry! You have brillant ideas and thanks so much for sharing!

42. Stacy's Designs 88 August 18, 2010 at 10:15 am #

Wow! Love the redo on the set of drawers now an entertainment center. That is so ingenious! Love the entire room. Are you running out of rooms to redo? Hope not. Can't wait to see your next post.

43. Anonymous October 21, 2010 at 3:17 pm #

It is very valuable phrase

44. Anonymous January 20, 2011 at 11:14 am #

I love showandtell-sausha.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
    Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
    Best regards